• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I may be old ,but i remember it well and the thought of a new stadium etc ,was a major factor in PB joining us.Some of you seemto forget joing us was a big decision for him ,whether or not he was out of work for 18 months, though i do believe he had TV commitments , he had to move away from his family up North to manage us,i wonder how many others would have done that.Stop putting PB down ,he has done a great job in the 4 years hes been here, 2 Wembley appearances ,even though it was JS got us to the first one ,a promotion and decent finishing positions each year.And now we have probably the best strike force Southend have ever had ,i mean that because of the options we have.Be thankful .

I may be old ,but i remember it well and the thought of a new stadium etc ,was a major factor in PB joining us.Some of you seemto forget joing us was a big decision for him ,whether or not he was out of work for 18 months, though i do believe he had TV commitments , he had to move away from his family up North to manage us,i wonder how many others would have done that.Stop putting PB down ,he has done a great job in the 4 years hes been here, 2 Wembley appearances ,even though it was JS got us to the first one ,a promotion and decent finishing positions each year.And now we have probably the best strike force Southend have ever had ,i mean that because of the options we have.Be thankful .

Agreed - excellent strike force but not as good as Collymore, Angell and Ansah.

Indeed. Other people in the game advised him not to take the job. We as a club were seen as a career ender.

So well done Ron and others, people should remember that summer when Luggy first arrived. We had 4 players and Luggy had resorted to asking advice from a Shrimper on the train back from London. Now we are arguing whether it should be Cox or Robinson to partner Ranger up front. I wonder what Orient fans are arguing about today.

Try reading my earlier post.

I am very grateful to Ron for providing the large amounts of cash for our excellent strike force.

Sadly Ron doesn't pick the team because if he did I doubt that only one would have started on Saturday.

I guess it's difficult to keep up from San Cugat.

Better come over quick before the Bury game!

Obviously not an earlier post in this thread so I must have missed it.

Can't follow SZ 24/7 though I do my best to keep up.

No chance of coming over before Bury I'm afraid -though it's looking more and more that my choice of game- was a good one.:angel:

Just to mark your card,RobNoxious will be around for the Charlton away +Bolton home games.

Here's hoping for a good result at the Wombles.

What about the forward line including Hollis, Baron, McCrory and McGuigan? That was pretty smokey I recall! COYBB

Indeed. Other people in the game advised him not to take the job. We as a club were seen as a career ender.

So well done Ron and others, people should remember that summer when Luggy first arrived. We had 4 players and Luggy had resorted to asking advice from a Shrimper on the train back from London. Now we are arguing whether it should be Cox or Robinson to partner Ranger up front. I wonder what Orient fans are arguing about today?

We haven't heard from that Johny Stokes fellow for some time.

Going down into the Conference used to be a terrible thing to happen to some of these clubs that have been in the league for decade after decade ............. and the league is littered with clubs that we used to play quite regularly (over a 1/3rd of the league).

But there are also quite a few clubs in the league that have gone down and have managed to get back up again. Bristol Rovers, Luton and Grimsby to name but three.

Sad to see York City struggling at the bottom - that used to be a good weekend away (although the football was rarely very good and the facilities for away supporters are very poor).

We haven't heard from that Johny Stokes fellow for some time.

Going down into the Conference used to be a terrible thing to happen to some of these clubs that have been in the league for decade after decade ............. and the league is littered with clubs that we used to play quite regularly (over a 1/3rd of the league).

But there are also quite a few clubs in the league that have gone down and have managed to get back up again. Bristol Rovers, Luton and Grimsby to name but three.

Sad to see York City struggling at the bottom - that used to be a good weekend away (although the football was rarely very good and the facilities for away supporters are very poor).

Think O's fans are more worried about their club going out of business rather than just dropping into the conference.:sad:

re: Johny Stokes. I had a bad relationship crisis a few years ago. He had the decency to call me when I needed someone. Top man.

Ditto, Torquay United.

That club got in a right old mess.

Back