• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wally4pm

Old Timer
As we are at The Valley on the 8th April, are there any plans for our fantastic supporters to pay tribute to the bravery of the policeman who was so tragically murdered in Westminster last Wednesday? He was a Charlton season ticket holder and it would be great if we could show our respects from the football family?

Any ideas or suggestions, but please keep them respectful?

I'd imagine Charlton will have their own tribute today, and as tragic as it was I don't think every visiting team for the rest of the season needs to pay their respects. Sorry if that sounds insensitive.

Charlton are not playing today (probably international break reasons). Their next home game is Tuesday 4th April against MK Dons and we are the next (and the last Saturday home game for Charlton this season) match. I doubt MK Dons will take many whereas I expect we will take quite a lot given our geographical position to them and the fact that we are going for the play offs and we are a much better supported club. Still think we could make a gesture of our respect for him from one football family to another.

Charlton are not playing today (probably international break reasons). Their next home game is Tuesday 4th April against MK Dons and we are the next (and the last Saturday home game for Charlton this season) match. I doubt MK Dons will take many whereas I expect we will take quite a lot given our geographical position to them and the fact that we are going for the play offs and we are a much better supported club. Still think we could make a gesture of our respect for him from one football family to another.
Fair enough. In light of them not playing today, they may well decide to do something formal on April 8th.

I'd imagine Charlton will have their own tribute today, and as tragic as it was I don't think every visiting team for the rest of the season needs to pay their respects. Sorry if that sounds insensitive.

It does a bit to me I'm afraid....... As Brits and Southend Utd fans we have a right to respect the brave man. Maybe its something the Southend fans can do to show there own appreciation.

Seeing as Wednesday was the 22nd March, we could sing there is only one Keith Palmer on the 22nd minute.? A footballing chant in appreciation to a brave man and football fan!

Last edited:
I would think it has to be decided by Keith's family and Charlton. They may well plan something for that Saturday or the family may want to grieve in private as they have become news for all the wrong reasons.

What ever the decision I'm sure our fans will give 100% support and show the respect the family deserve.

Maybe the Trust guys who are walking there may be considering a wreath, or the like ?

I'll be going to this one and I think it would a good idea to show some respect to a brave man who lost his life. Whether that be even just one chant that's fine. I think if I was a Charlton fan and I heard away fans doing such a thing I would definately think it was a nice respectful touch.

I thought this was a lovely gesture from Charlton for their upcoming MK Dons Game.

"The club will be donating 50 per cent of all ticket sales to Keith’s family, while Addicks players will also be donating the entirety of their match appearance fees."

"A one-minute silence will precede the game, while the match itself will see Charlton wear black armbands, as well as a special shirt which will be emblazoned with hero Keith’s Police warrant number, ‘P204752’, in tribute."

As a side note, for those planning on attending our match with them next Saturday, they will also be holding a minutes silence prior to kick off, but this won't be officially for Keith Hill, but for their former chairman and director Mike Norris.

Back