• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Where will we finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
We have seven games of the FL1 season left and we appear to be in very reasonable form, so maybe its time to test the optimism/cynicism barometer on here. simple really, just vote for where you think we will finish pre play-off games. I've left the poll open for 10 days to take account of the Oldham and Bolton games. So fill yer boots, have we got what it takes?

I believe "we can and will" hold onto the 6th place spot, but as i'm always the optimist, i'm going to stick my neck on the line and say we will nick 5th place on goal difference on the final day of the season.

I'd prefer to avoid Bradford (or Millwall) in the semi's if possible. If we make the top 6 and get Fleetwood or Scunthorpe then I'd be happy with that.

If we are picking what we would like then I'd like Scunthorpe in the semis as I have been to all of the other options, and Bradford in the final as they would bring enough fans to create an atmosphere (not the kind Millwall create).

It's ours for the taking

So far 85 of us reckon a play-off place is on, which is really good to see. Keep those clicks coming chums if you haven't already. Remember Phil doesn't read social media so you won't upset him by voting.

IF we get to the play-off semi's and IF we win them, we'd probably play Fleetwood at Wembley, who'd struggle to bring more than 7,000 'fans'.
IMO the other clubs currently in the equation support wise, Scunthorpe would muster up around 12,000, Bradford 20,000 plus, Bolton up to 30,000 & Millwall 30,000 plus, as they've done in previous games there.
And us, 20,000 max.

IF we get to the play-off semi's and IF we win them, we'd probably play Fleetwood at Wembley, who'd struggle to bring more than 7,000 'fans'.
IMO the other clubs currently in the equation support wise, Scunthorpe would muster up around 12,000, Bradford 20,000 plus, Bolton up to 30,000 & Millwall 30,000 plus, as they've done in previous games there.
And us, 20,000 max.

Didn't we take quite a few more than 20k to the Crewe game at Wembley? I think after the last Wembley experience and the fact that this would be to get into the Championship we'd be closer to 30k.

I'm already lining up holiday and flight back for play off final. Either way we have met expectations this season but the simple reality is if we win every game remaining we will make the play offs and not in sixth spot. That's mathematically impossible with remaining fixtures.

If we end up in the playoffs ,the season will be a huge success considering the miserable start to the season, if we were to make Wembley then i think every supporter should be over the moon with joy and as for the PB haters i think you would then have to finally give PB the credit he is due .

And us, 20,000 max.

I think Bradford City would have at least as many fans as us at Wembley. BIG support.
I think that after the euphoria, excitement, drama of last time - we will take more. 25k.

Achieving the play-offs before a ball was kicked this season, is exceeding expectation for a club our size, IMHO.

Completely agree. I think we ran a pre season poll at the start of the season & the general opinion / hope was that a middle table finish was our general best expectation.

Of course, things can still go tits up (hopefully not) but as it stands, we still have more points on the board now with 7 games to go, then we did at the end of last season. So I would still call this season as a success over the previous one, no matter what happens.

I'd like to say fourth but think fifth is more realistic. Next two games are huge in my opinion. Get 4 points out of them and that will set us up nicely for the run in!

I like P B will take on game at a time Oldham sat is our next Wembley final .Then we move on to Tuesday night . Which may be the answer to all our questions Bolton at home .

If we do make the playoffs I'm in Jamaica for the Semi's and land back in England the morning of the final, I am hoping I have to make the mad rush from Gatwick to Wembley though

Back