• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I once asked Julian Dicks , who was abused by most fans of the opposition, if the taunts put him off his game and he said that he was concentrating so hard that he didn't hear a thing.

Closet West Ham fan.... :whistling:

I know he has had a rather less than distinguished past, but rape isn't anywhere in his misdemanours is it?

Correct. He was cleared of this.

Proud of 'our boy'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...aine-mdma-saido-berahino-confesses-suspended/

All this and we still love him...:omg:

Seriously though, is Ranger not due back in court in the next month to face charges on the fraud and money laundering case?

He's already pleaded guilty to his part in this.

Not all of us. I just cheer on Southend and don't really care about the other team.

I'd go as far as to say the vast majority aren't interested in abusing the oppo.

We might give out some stick if there's an incident in the match, but very few turn up at RH to slag the oppo off from the start.

I'd go as far as to say the vast majority aren't interested in abusing the oppo.

We might give out some stick if there's an incident in the match, but very few turn up at RH to slag the oppo off from the start.

You may be right ........ but somehow those that do slag off others seem to be directly correlated to the size of their gob and indirectly correlated to the amount of material they have between their two ears ...........

I do hope I have my correlations the right way round ................

Hash tag: Whydidtheyteachussuchthingsatschool?

If he is, as the old song might have said, getting abuse everywhere he goes, then I'm pretty sure that he's also getting it on the pitch. Other teams surely would use it to wind him up and upset his game. That he has yet to be carded this season (I can't even remember him being spoken to by the ref.) shows admirable restraint on his part and an ability to control himself. Perhaps he has learnt his lesson as did Ricky Otto and will, like Ricky Otto, become a pillar of society. I really hope so.

If he is, as the old song might have said, getting abuse everywhere he goes, then I'm pretty sure that he's also getting it on the pitch. Other teams surely would use it to wind him up and upset his game. That he has yet to be carded this season (I can't even remember him being spoken to by the ref.) shows admirable restraint on his part and an ability to control himself. Perhaps he has learnt his lesson as did Ricky Otto and will, like Ricky Otto, become a pillar of society. I really hope so.

I have never thought that Ranger is a "silly boy" on the pitch ............. it is when he is off by himself or with others who influence him that his demons seem to come and visit.

I have never thought that Ranger is a "silly boy" on the pitch ............. it is when he is off by himself or with others who influence him that his demons seem to come and visit.

Maybe, but if my memory is correct, the circumstances leading to the current charges took place some 2 years ago. If so, then possibly he has learned lessons and has expelled those "demons" from his life.

Those in the North Bank that didn't abuse Peter Shilton take one pace forward. If he is getting stick on the pitch let's hope the opps continue to do so because it is working wonders for his performance.

Have we ever been this rich in depth of quality forwards?

Unfortunately Nile's far from blameless past will leave him open to verbal jibes from opposition fan's which although not ideal is understandable. Just hope he keeps responding by scoring goals.
Do not think we can be do critical of anything that was directed Nile's way on Saturday really as several in the away section wanted to spend the afternoon hurling abuse at a Wimbledon player just because his hair had a 'top knot'.

Back