• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What happens to corporate profits?

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
If I have money in a bank, it's protected up to £85,000.

What protection do big companies have when they make £billions in profit?

It helps that the companies who make the most profits are in fact the Banks themselves.

It helps that the companies who make the most profits are in fact the Banks themselves.

giphy.gif

profits are reinvested or paid as dividends. but corporations hedge their risks by spreading their investments and exposures across activities. if you had more than £85,000 you'd spread it across accounts for example.

profits are reinvested or paid as dividends. but corporations hedge their risks by spreading their investments and exposures across activities. if you had more than £85,000 you'd spread it across accounts for example.

You missed a trick with the avatar.

Surely Ranger Things would be more appropriate.

Big corporations receive no protection on bank deposits - depends on the jurisdiction, but usually only small/medium enterprises and natural citizens benefit from the government protections.

Big corporates making billions are deemed professional investors and should be able to afford to employ staff to monitor bank credit quality - and move their money if they think it is at risk.

Back