• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can a laptop be restored to its former glory?

Basically I've had my lap top since about the end of 2013. Sadly it seems to be winding down. It's getting slower and slower and things like logging on take longer.
Anyone got any tips to try to get it back in decent shape again or is it looking at the knackers yard with the next year or so?

It's a Lenovo, but I don't know the model or anything like that

The thing that seems to have slowed it down is the new Football Manager, but I'm not removing it

Basically I've had my lap top since about the end of 2013. Sadly it seems to be winding down. It's getting slower and slower and things like logging on take longer.
Anyone got any tips to try to get it back in decent shape again or is it looking at the knackers yard with the next year or so?

It's a Lenovo, but I don't know the model or anything like that

The thing that seems to have slowed it down is the new Football Manager, but I'm not removing it

It might just need more RAM, and a good clean up of the hard drive.

Yep, more RAM and I'd format the HD and reinstall. Surely you can back up your saved games to a memory stick or something?

Best bet is to just to reinstall windows.

You can increase RAM and even installing an SSD if it has an HDD will improve performance, but once you start spending on it you might as well start thinking about buying a new one.

Football manager wont slow the laptop down unless its running.

If you can post what model it is and the specs we should be able to make some recommendations, as said though if it uses a mechanical hard drive then replacing this with an SSD will give it a major performance boost.

Back