• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

llama

Schoolboy
Can anyone tell me, when does Block 'X' in the West Stand get used......?

Why doesn't it become available for the Bolton match?

Got to be honest I think the W block crowd need to be moved over to X block as it is slightly larger. From V it looked very packed on Saturday and has on many occasions looked like 2 or 3 people are sharing one seat.

Maybe one for the next season?

Got to be honest I think the W block crowd need to be moved over to X block as it is slightly larger. From V it looked very packed on Saturday and has on many occasions looked like 2 or 3 people are sharing one seat.

Don't see how they can share the seats when they don't bloody use them!:winking::facepalm:

Oh, it was packed tight in there on Saturday, really could have done with block x bring opened.Snr.

I for one, think it's an excellent idea, & would fully promote it.

I'm not a season ticket holder, but every time I go, my preferred seat is always on the side of V block closest to W block, to soak up the "Roots Hall Roar". & would gladly move to W if the TBV had Block X as their allocation.

The atmosphere that the TBV creates is really great and infectious in terms of getting other blocks further along with the chants in the west stand.

I think moving them to "X" Block & bringing them one block closer to the away fans in the North bank to drown out their fans chants can only frustrate the visiting supporters, as well as being beneficial to our own players taking corners or free kicks down that end of the pitch.

Furthermore, for those family fans that prefer to take their young sons or daughters etc out for a match day experience at Roots Hall, it would move them another block away from some possible overheard "rude language", as the family blocks are at the other end of the stand. So in my opinion, it could really be a win - win situation.

I will say though, on the OS ticketing plan of the stadium, X block does look slightly smaller than the current W block (I don't know by how much though?). But I wouldn't think it would be an issue, as they would just buy closest to X, and stand, and free up seats for others in neighbouring blocks close to them.

Ultimately, I would like to know the thoughts of TBV Dan on this, I haven't seen him on here in a while?

On the times i've gone to roots hall block V is my chosen area, i'am only a few seats into W next to V so will no doubt squeeze myself in tomorrow :happy:COYB! Fully agree with Block X being opened, my first time at roots hall was the Burton play off match and i stood there.

Back