• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So, all those saying yesterday maybe Ted's injury could be extended....how do they feel now?! Poor Ted!

Cokes is a massive miss but, as I've said before, John White was originally brought here by Tilly to play LB, it's a position he can definitely play - and, as always, he will do so with absolute professionalism. I'd rather him than Tims to be honest, much as I love Tims, he doesn't slot in quite as naturally.

Not a fan of Inniss anyway, felt he should have gone back after the first injury, but clearly has a problem with his shoulders that could impact on his career so I do wish him well.

Think Brown will go with the natural left footer over White and as a huge Timlin fan I'm obviously happy with that. However I'm also a big JW fan and have long thought he's been unlucky not to reclaim his right back spot before now.

Sorry but have to admit I would have Timlin as 1 of the first on every team sheet.

In midfield he is a leader with really good distribution and he makes players play round him.

As a left back I think is equally as good as Coker where Coker tries all the step overs and sometimes too often,
Michael distributes the ball much quicker.

And it certainly was not Timlin who got left for dead on Tuesday night it was John White who got turned by their forward.

I do however think that John White is not only our second best option for right back but also next in line as a centre half.
He really is calm and composed which is what Thompson requires.

I am with you there, why Coker keeps doing that step over, and trying to get round the man baffles me, he can get the cross in most of the time without doing that. I also agree John White was good at centre back...we have good versatile players.

footballs a weird wonderfull beast. Walton was excellent on Tuesday but, did his excellence cost us the game?

if you look at the video it looks (to me) like the shot is going wide. Fair enough he didn't know that ,but I dont think ted would have got his fingers to it like Walton did. which would have meant no corner and therefore no goal !

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?92893-Southend-United-0-1-Bolton-Wanderers/page6

its a funny old game

The Bolton player who headed it certainly thought it was going in.

And it certainly was not Timlin who got left for dead on Tuesday night it was John White who got turned by their forward.

I'd prefer to credit the striker, in that instance.

Le Fondre had held the ball up, laid it off or controlled before turning pretty much all night, so JW was tight to him, but he stepped over it cleverly and got away.

Just a good bit of forward play, for me.

It's a game of opinions and mine of Timlin is that he was very poor on Tuesday; he was constantly conceding needless free-kicks (allowing them to hoof the ball into the box with their 6'4"+ defenders), long passes were regularly slides and went out for a throw-in and even one of his throw-ins went out of play. For these reasons Coker will be our biggest loss. Would prefer White or even Kips at LB.

It's a game of opinions and mine of Timlin is that he was very poor on Tuesday; he was constantly conceding needless free-kicks (allowing them to hoof the ball into the box with their 6'4"+ defenders), long passes were regularly slides and went out for a throw-in and even one of his throw-ins went out of play. For these reasons Coker will be our biggest loss. Would prefer White or even Kips at LB.

I didn't think he was great Tuesday either. Out of position he needs to keep it simple and he always looks for the 50 yard Hollywood pass when a simple 5 yard one could be just as effective. Also think he could have done more the help out McGlashan to double up against the Bolton man before the free kick which lead to the winner.

That said, I think we'll get away with Tims at LB against some of the 'lesser' sides we have left to play.

I didn't think he was great Tuesday either. Out of position he needs to keep it simple and he always looks for the 50 yard Hollywood pass when a simple 5 yard one could be just as effective. Also think he could have done more the help out McGlashan to double up against the Bolton man before the free kick which lead to the winner.

That said, I think we'll get away with Tims at LB against some of the 'lesser' sides we have left to play.

What's a Hollywood pass? One that get's you into a film studio?

I think you've had an Ealing Studios moment there .........................:unsure:

footballs a weird wonderfull beast. Walton was excellent on Tuesday but, did his excellence cost us the game?

if you look at the video it looks (to me) like the shot is going wide. Fair enough he didn't know that ,but I dont think ted would have got his fingers to it like Walton did. which would have meant no corner and therefore no goal !

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?92893-Southend-United-0-1-Bolton-Wanderers/page6

its a funny old game

From the East Blacks, it was going in. In fact, we all thought it was in. Great save.

If Ferdinand is fit for the game at Charlton, I would like John White to go into the left-back position - he spent a lot of time at Colchester in that role - and push Timlin into mid-field to take on Leonard's role.

I agree with KiwiRob,Timlin is a natural midfielder and could cover for the loss of Lenny and White would easily slot in at LB.Also at some stage like Amos to be given another cameo performance,I think Atko is better on the right side of midfield ,allowing PB to use McGlashen as an impact sub of which,it seems reading your threads he has done very well at.

Back