• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So abject it is unbelievable.

Walton 5 - should've saved the first, end of.
Dimi 5 - Is he trying to get a record for most fouls committed in a season?
Thompson 5 - Took him over an hour to pass to a team mate
Ferdinand 7 - So much better than everyone else. We had 1 penetrating forward pass all day, and he even had to do that.
White 7 - Shame to lose him

Macca 6 - Should have scored
Timlin 3 - Should've bossed the game back in CM, looked so lethargic. Charlton gave him so much space and he didn't use it. Awful.
Amos 5 - Tries things in the wrong place, needs experience. Not with us thanks.
Atkinson 7 - Typical hard working performace

Cox 4 - Picked the wrong option every time
Robinson 5 - Nobody passed to him, which makes life difficult

Nouble 0 - Brown's worst signing. Thought it was pointless at the time, even more so now. Horrendous footballer.

Finally, someone who seemed to watch the same game as me. I havn't read all 7 pages of this thread but yesterday I read some and I was shocked that some people were saying certainly players played well.

I won't bother marking everyone and this was hopefully a one off bad performance but what really got to me on Saturday was Timlin. I respect the guy and think he has been a fantastic servant for the club BUT long ball long ball long ball. I was screaming when he was at left back and Glash came on and had acres of space but timlin would not pass to him instead time after time he put in one of his lofted crosses that are near enough impossible to do anything with. Frustrated me so much!!!!!!!

Finally, someone who seemed to watch the same game as me. I havn't read all 7 pages of this thread but yesterday I read some and I was shocked that some people were saying certainly players played well.

I won't bother marking everyone and this was hopefully a one off bad performance but what really got to me on Saturday was Timlin. I respect the guy and think he has been a fantastic servant for the club BUT long ball long ball long ball. I was screaming when he was at left back and Glash came on and had acres of space but timlin would not pass to him instead time after time he put in one of his lofted crosses that are near enough impossible to do anything with. Frustrated me so much!!!!!!!

At least two of those balls sent McLaughlin through on goal. It wasn't Timlin's fault McLaughlin was having an absolute trauma.

At least two of those balls sent McLaughlin through on goal. It wasn't Timlin's fault McLaughlin was having an absolute trauma.

I never said he was, and what you are talking about isn't what I said. PLUS this was before Timlin went to left back which in my original post was when I was getting frustrated at him.

I stated about when Timlin went to left back and wasn't using Glash when he was in acres of space. The one time he did he put in the ball that Nouble should have scored from. I was pointing out that he should have used him more, not saying the result would have been any different but in my opinion Timlin is way too long ball against Charlton. Needed better than that IMO. And before you say it, I know he was filling in and I respect that.

In fairness, Charlton generally pushed up and squeezed the midfield, hence why passes went astray.

There's only two ways to unlock that. One is to play quick one-two football, which we were limited in being able to do, as Robbo and Cox doesn't work well and Wordy was missing or you drag the oppo up and play the ball over the top, like when Macca got through.

Charlton played the same way at our place and we had difficulty breaking them down then, as well.

Did Lenny really sit in the crowd behind the goal with us, last Saturday?

Things I didn't know #258 : Ricky Holmes was born in Rochford and spent 10 years playing for Fairfax Rangers, between the ages of 6-16, before spending 2 years with us.

Back