• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

I am Chairing the meeting on Wednesday, anyone have anything that they think needs raising with the Club ?

Sensible stuff only, please.

Onions in burgers?

But in all seriousness, how about our recent SZ debate about opening up both halves of X block on a more regular basis regardless of which division we are in next season, and more particularly opening it up earlier then they currently do when the club could confidently predict a big home game against a local rival or big team.

A good example of this could be our recent Bolton match, where only single tickets were only available in the west, which must have put off couples, families, and mates going because of that, then only for the club to open up the block in the last 24 hours before kick off.

Were we to get promoted, how could we afford it given the markedly higher operating costs combined with our £16m debt?
Also, how do the latest set of modifications to the massing of the retail give us any chance of obtaining planning permission?

I have two young kids and I always think they miss a trick getting the new kit in over the summer. They should have some ready to sell at the launch date. This year the goalkeepers kit wasn't available in small kids sizes until November. So question would be, are they looking to do anything different this year around to improve this?

I have two young kids and I always think they miss a trick getting the new kit in over the summer. They should have some ready to sell at the launch date. This year the goalkeepers kit wasn't available in small kids sizes until November. So question would be, are they looking to do anything different this year around to improve this?

Hopefully change from Nike and their boring templates!:winking:

I think we should recognise the improvements made to some of the toilets so far, however, in recent games the ladies in the west have not flushed before the game even starts! That's clearly not good!

I agree, the kit has been available at MTBD in the past and sold well, and there has been better availability of children's kits but not early enough.

I think we should recognise the improvements made to some of the toilets so far, however, in recent games the ladies in the west have not flushed before the game even starts! That's clearly not good!

Mrs RHB agrees that the ladies toilets towards the north end of the West stand are greatly improved. She's not so sure on the one in the middle of the stand next to the disabled loo. As for the gents by the West Stand entrance, hot water and soap are obviously endangered species because they haven't been see in there for a very long time. The walls were painted though and that helps a lot on the hygiene front.

Mrs RHB agrees that the ladies toilets towards the north end of the West stand are greatly improved. She's not so sure on the one in the middle of the stand next to the disabled loo. As for the gents by the West Stand entrance, hot water and soap are obviously endangered species because they haven't been see in there for a very long time. The walls were painted though and that helps a lot on the hygiene front.

Ah, so you've answered a query I had there. I was promised that of these three cubicles, two were supposed to be available for women now, with the other for disabled supporters, as there is only the one block in the West and men have two blocks available. I am guessing this has not been done then.

There is supposed to be hand sanitiser in the gents, the dispenser does look like soap though - might be worth looking to see as I've been told it should be in there. I'm told by hubby that very few men bother with washing hands anyway :stunned:

A small gripe for me - was bought a shirt for my birthday this year with my name and number, lovely present - but the sponsor is too delicate so I would barely wear it. I've only ever hand washed it but four washes at it started to crack, where the M and D connect have since fallen off!

These shirts are so extensive, and they should be more durably! That's all I want to complain about really!

Roots Hall;
What short term remedial work is planned? Such as resurfacing the perimeter areas inside and outside of the stadium. The entrance to the West Stand has uneven surfaces and inside the turnstiles fans are often faced with large puddles even if it hasn't rained for a few days.

Are there plans to render the outside walled areas and repaint them, and also clear the debris and weeds growing through cracks in walls and surface areas.

Along the walkway heading in the West block U/V there is a concrete platform, which means the area is very restricted, especially close to the bar entrance, what is the purpose of this structure? Is it structural or can it be demolished in order to create a wider area and possibly to put some benches or recreational areas for people to stand and have a drink without obstructing the walkway?

The North Bank is also an embarrassment - and when last walking through there to exit the NE ticket office to go to the West the area is a shambles and really needs re tarmacing (how about blue dyed tarmac all around the ground?) And surely they can repaint and re-fence the area?

Fossets Farm;
Can the board provide any official updates or timelines in terms of next steps?

The Dome;
What is the plan or do they have a plan for it?

What's the CEO situation? Are we getting a new one or not?

Roots Hall;
What short term remedial work is planned? Such as resurfacing the perimeter areas inside and outside of the stadium. The entrance to the West Stand has uneven surfaces and inside the turnstiles fans are often faced with large puddles even if it hasn't rained for a few days.

Are there plans to render the outside walled areas and repaint them, and also clear the debris and weeds growing through cracks in walls and surface areas.

Along the walkway heading in the West block U/V there is a concrete platform, which means the area is very restricted, especially close to the bar entrance, what is the purpose of this structure? Is it structural or can it be demolished in order to create a wider area and possibly to put some benches or recreational areas for people to stand and have a drink without obstructing the walkway?

The North Bank is also an embarrassment - and when last walking through there to exit the NE ticket office to go to the West the area is a shambles and really needs re tarmacing (how about blue dyed tarmac all around the ground?) And surely they can repaint and re-fence the area?

Fossets Farm;
Can the board provide any official updates or timelines in terms of next steps?

The Dome;
What is the plan or do they have a plan for it?

Yep good post. It's good to see a bit of new tarmac in the car park but the whole lot needs doing.

Let's face it we are going to be at Roots Hall for a number of years yet. I doubt there will be an answer to when the new planning application for the new ground will even be submitted. No real update since the exhibition thing 18 months ago.

All we need is Luton to get a new ground then we will probably have the worst ground in the Football League.

If would be good if we could say something positive as well. People tend to be more responsive to requests if they are also getting some praise.
Ladies loos positive ( I assume)
league position positive
crowd size positive ( guess a matter of opinion- we are not going to hit 8000 average)
ranger not involved in anything bad for a month

Yep good post. It's good to see a bit of new tarmac in the car park but the whole lot needs doing.

The tarmac in the main car park has already been raised by the Trust at liaison and they are currently getting quotes, particularly for the top area. This information is available in the published minutes.

The quotes in so far are ridiculously expensive!

Ah, so you've answered a query I had there. I was promised that of these three cubicles, two were supposed to be available for women now, with the other for disabled supporters, as there is only the one block in the West and men have two blocks available. I am guessing this has not been done then.

There is supposed to be hand sanitiser in the gents, the dispenser does look like soap though - might be worth looking to see as I've been told it should be in there. I'm told by hubby that very few men bother with washing hands anyway :stunned:

According to the gov there is one marked as 'men' one for 'women' and one for 'disabled. Correct as of the Bolton game she tells me. I am one of the few that attempts to wash my hands, I've yet to be able to get soap/sanitiser out of the container.

If we are talking Roots Hall, then all of the above, plus my ever-growing concern about how on Earth the Club can continue to obtain a safety certificate each season without major capacity restrictions being applied.
If essential improvements are ignored for much longer, I simply don't see how we won't be forced to operate under a capacity restriction.

It would be nice if the Televisions in the two bars in the West stand where fit for purpose.Currently they are a waste of time being there.

Have raised this many times before but it seems to fall on deaf ears

Yes, the situation of cars trying to leave the car park by the Club shop after full time whilst fans are still walking out... every week, aggressive drivers virtually hitting people as they cant be patient to wait for the 100's on foot to walk out - Situation seems to have got worse this season, only a matter of time before a small kid gets run over. Add to that the idots trying to drive IN to the ground at full time (presumably to pick up family). PLEASE can the club prevent ALL cars leaving or entering via the club shop for 5-10 mins at the end of game?

Back