• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He was campaigning against the Sectarian chanting by Rangers fans, it would appear that BTSports have decided that the number of Rangers fans who watch the live game might well boycott the game if Stan was on the show , so put the income first. Plus they may well have thought that with him known to be there , the Rangers Fans would sing the song louder, thus having sectarian chants aired on live tv and Stan going into meltdown in front of the viewers.

To be honest I think they have done it as damage limitation, Stan was never going to appear at that game, either BT would have pulled the game or Stan would have very publicly pulled out. This way its a lot less dramatic and they can just blame it on Twitter, without making any reference to sectarian chanting Rangers fans

This should be good.

CF0GT6.png

https://twitter.com/SUFCRootsHall/status/852528203591811074

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/an-evening-with-stan-collymore-3673338.aspx

Absolutely devastated! I'm away in the Falklands in November! I would've loved to have gone to this.

FORMER Southend United boss Barry Fry has revealed the Shrimpers picked up a whopping £4.6million in total for Stan Collymore.

More...

We were talking about Stan the other day, because our old player, physio and later scout Brian Owen wrote something about Ian Atkins season as manager of Colchester United. He wrote this

Ian's year at Colchester Utd,
People underestimate Ian Atkins year at Colchester, as he immediately contacted Stafford Rangers to set up a deal for a young player there, and arranged a fee of £20, 000 for the lad but the then Chairman Jonathan Crisp turned down the move. Having lost the deal he inquired about a friend of his , Roy McDonough who was out of favour at Southend and brought him to Colchester. He also bought in Steve McGavin from Sudbury as well as Mike Masters. After dominating the league he let Mike go back to the USA to try to get into their national team.
In the next 2 weeks Roy and Mario Walsh were both injured for the duration of the season and from a leading position were beaten into 2nd place by Barnet. The lad Ian tried to get in went to Crystal Palace and struggled to get into the team. I advised a friend of mine Colin Murphy to take him to Southend where he flourished and eventually was sold on to Notts Forest. The player STAN COLLYMORE !!!

Back