• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There's a Tavern in the Town,
in the Town.
Where all the skinheads hang around,
hang around.
and if you think we're wrong, why don't you come along and see the Tavern in the Town.

Looking back, it was probably made up and sung in the North Bank by the owners, as a marketing exercise.

Come and 'ave a go if you think your hard enough.

If you standing on the corner,
With a red scarf round your neck,
Southend boys will come and get ya,
And we'll break your f****** neck.

Hey Oz do you remember that last one going down well in the late 70's when a dozen of us got in the Brentford home end.

Brentford away was always interesting!!!

Aye, Aye, Ayayyyy Lloyd is better then Yashin
Billy is better then Eusebio
and Brentford* are in for a thrashin.

* or any other club we were playing!

for the young uns... Lloyd refers to our keeper Brian Lloyd, Billy..... well it's obvious.

Another one was a parody on Molly Malone in Dublin's Fair City but probably not for general release here!

2, 4, 6 8 10
We support the seaside men.

Happy days.

Slightly later , but
There he was just a walking down the Street
Singing Rubins out Rubins Out Rubins out
Clicking his fingers and shuffling his feet
Singing Rubins out Rubins Out Rubins out

And
Ive never felt more like Singing the Blue
|When I have just see my Southend Lose
OH Rubins ,
You've got me singing the Blues

Harry , That memory is for you .

Last edited:
Slightly later , but
There he was just a walking down the Street
Signing Rubins out Rubins Out Rubins out
Clicking his fingers and shuffling his feet
Signing Rubins out Rubins Out Rubins out

And
Ive never felt more like Singing the Blue
|When I have just see my Southend Lose
OH Rubins ,
You've got me singing the Blues

Harry , That memory is for you .

Why are we signing Rubins .

Not North Bank but I remember sitting in the West Stand for a game against Bristol Rovers in the early 90's. Their sub Carl Saunders got off the bench to warm-up along the touchline to the sound of "There's only one Billy Ocean !! ". To be fair he was laughing himself !

Not North Bank but I remember sitting in the West Stand for a game against Bristol Rovers in the early 90's. Their sub Carl Saunders got off the bench to warm-up along the touchline to the sound of "There's only one Billy Ocean !! ". To be fair he was laughing himself !

That was the Stan the Man match.

Remember it well!

This one?

There's a circus in the town, in the town
Barry Fry is a clown, is a clown
Karen Brady is a f*cking whore!
Birmingham are going down, going down

He's fat, he's round
he bounces off the ground
Barry Fry, Barry Fry.

Shame it all ended like that as Barry was terrific for our club, and such a great character.

In your Colchester homes
In your Colchester homes
You look in the dustbin for something to eat
You find a dead cat and you think it's a treat
In your Colchester homes.

Who's that c*** in the big blue hat, Dixon, Dixon,
Who's that c*** in the big blue hat, Dixon of Dock Green,
On the beat all day, on his wife all night,
Who's that c*** in the big blue hat,
Dixon of Dock Green.

PS That c*** was me from 1965 until 1976!!! (not all the song was entirely true btw)

Back