• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ozzie

Manager
Sitting here in Germany,watching for at least the 15th time,the team we call UNITED(sad git)..i LOVE the old North Bank_PAK songs...long gone are those days,but anybody who stood in the North Bank will ALWAYS remember them as the best times.
Now on tv some songs are tv adverts,but we use to sing them in the "PAK"-North bank,why i dont know,but sing them we did.. IE
Moon River..in the end we ALL were clapping our hands
Molly Malone....and her mucking wheelbarrow:smile:
When your smiling,when your smiling.........i still smile now when i think of those songs

Or who remembers when a "young-new" policeman walked past-in front of the "PAK".......BABY FACE,YOU HAVE THe..
even the 2 "older,hook nose& ps 67?? policeman smiled
what songs,what times,what the &uck were we on about....but i loved every minute of it..
when the red,red robin goes bob,bobing along...shot the ba....shot ,shot ,shot

oh. How i loved standing in the North Bank, seems such a long time ago now, an age that we properly will not see again.

I remember one night before a game, some car business owner thinking it would be a good idea to drive his car round the outside of the pitch in front of the stands to advertise his car.

I thought this was pretty savy idea until he drove the car in front of the North Bank.

Snr.

Sitting here in Germany,watching for at least the 15th time,the team we call UNITED(sad git)..i LOVE the old North Bank_PAK songs...long gone are those days,but anybody who stood in the North Bank will ALWAYS remember them as the best times.

Molly Malone....and her mucking wheelbarrow:smile:
When your smiling,when your smiling.........i still smile now when i think of those songs

Or who remembers when a "young-new" policeman walked past-in front of the "PAK".......BABY FACE,YOU HAVE THe..
even the 2 "older,hook nose& ps 67?? policeman smiled
what songs,what times,what the &uck were we on about....but i loved every minute of it..
when the red,red robin goes bob,bobing along...shot the ba....shot ,shot ,shot

The Policemen one was ..
There was a young Policeman, his name was PC Jim, he came up in the North Bank & got his head kicked in!.
Molly Malone was ' In Dublins fair city, where the girls are so pretty, etc.
The 'hook nosed' copper was PC92 ( Anderson RIP ). He died a few years back. Knew his Daughter Karen. Nice girl.
'Leigh Comm, we kill, we conquer, la la la la etc
'Billy Best, Billy Best, he's here, he's there, we're not allowed to swear, Billy Best etc.
And the famous 'Knees up Mother Brown', oh dear!.

"get ur tits out for the lads, get ur tits out for the lads" aimed at the half time tea girls walking past the north bank:dim:

Tip toe through the North Bank with your boots on ,get your head k*cked in ,come tip toe through the North Bank with me.
Whos that b*stard with the big Blue hat...doodah etc
A couple of the more pc correct songs

it was whose that c**t in the big blue hat Dixon Dixon whose that C**t in the big blue hat Dixon of dock green
on the beat all day on the wife all night
whose that c**t in the big blue hat Dixon of dock green

and ginger lee I believe hit im on the ead hit im on the ead hit im on the ead with a baseball bay oh yeay oh
yeah

your going ome in a southend ambulance

'We all live in a blue-and-a-white Pak' to the tune of Yellow Submarine. 'Yes, yes, yes, yes Billy is the best' to Autumn Almanac by The Kinks.

And the most original one, composed by some of us old 'Leigh Comm lads' in 72, when us & Brentford were vying for promotion.

Brentford promotions not for you, it's going to the boys in Blue, bye, bye, Brentford
We play hard all season through, we play so much better than you, bye, bye, Brentford
Have you anyone to match our goalie,
All the credit must go to Arthur Rowley.
So pack up all your kit in one
3rd division here we come
Brentford, bye, bye.

Problem was, we were the only ones who knew the words, and sung it!.

My favourite song, was the Barry Fry and Birmingham song.

This one?

There's a circus in the town, in the town
Barry Fry is a clown, is a clown
Karen Brady is a f*cking whore!
Birmingham are going down, going down

This one?

There's a circus in the town, in the town
Barry Fry is a clown, is a clown
Karen Brady is a f*cking whore!
Birmingham are going down, going down

That's the one.

Remember being at Birmingham City away that season and the local stewards (heavies) didn't take too kindly to it! :thump:

Back