Likes Likes:  719
Page 21 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 1782

Thread: 2017 General Election thread

  
  1. #301
    Hector Of The House Benfleet A1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Slade Prison
    Posts
    5,959
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    You know what I mean Mr. Picky.

    True Pink at the moment in her away kit actually and that's virtually red.
    I'd say more UKIPy but keep on believing
    Lord, in your mercy please give my friend a stroke

  2. #302

    Default

    What is confusing me with this strong leadership thing is that if you know you have 2 years to do the most amount of admin, law making and trade deal negotiating in our history - surely a strong leader would get on with it not waste 7 weeks on an election that just distracts from the very major task in hand. She already wasted months trying to overturn the commons vote high court decision. Far from strong leadership she just seems to be dicking around creating other things to do rather than than the really big important one.

  3. #303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benfleet A1 View Post
    I'd say more UKIPy but keep on believing
    God loves a trier.

  4. #304
    Hector Of The House Benfleet A1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Slade Prison
    Posts
    5,959
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    God loves a trier.
    Like shooting fish in a barrel
    Lord, in your mercy please give my friend a stroke

  5. #305

    Default

    Local election news: Jack Monroe looking to stand in Southend East or West (maybe using the libel money won from Katie Hopkins to fund the campaign) and former Tory party chairman Eric Pickles is quitting his Brentwood seat (probably the 3rd highest profile to quit after George Osborne and Alan Johnson)

  6. #306
    Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sant Cugat del Vallès
    Posts
    21,898

    Default

    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39677950

    Another high profile Tory falls on his own sword.

    Edit.Sorry didn't see ASS's post.
    "Burn neoliberalism,not people"

    Clive Lewis.MP.

  7. #307

    Default

    just for you youngsters who may not understand the irony of Barna's post (I have always assumed all are ironic) the day the Toiries lose Brentwood and Ongar is the day the revolution comes. Come on Barna the man's 65 with a 21,000 majority with UKIP second. Falling on his sword my arse. He's retiring.

  8. #308

    Default

    Same revolution that would see David Amess losing Southend West. Jack Monroe would only split the 500 anti Tory votes thus increasing Amess's majority.

  9. #309
    This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NY Parks Dept
    Posts
    21,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Another Surrey Shrimper View Post
    as muddled as that was she did apologise to Costa straight afterwards for getting the coffee sellers mixed up
    I've just remembered that Dawn Butler was the first ever MP to ask a question in Parliament using sign language, which was very laudable.

    More of that, less of the car crash radio interviews, please.

  10. #310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Another Surrey Shrimper View Post
    Local election news: Jack Monroe looking to stand in Southend East or West (maybe using the libel money won from Katie Hopkins to fund the campaign) and former Tory party chairman Eric Pickles is quitting his Brentwood seat (probably the 3rd highest profile to quit after George Osborne and Alan Johnson)
    Would expect she'll go for East given that Duddridge has come in for a lot of stick for his stances on taxis/Uber and Southend A&E. She's a member of the Labour Party, who were second there in 2015.

  11. #311
    Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Westcliiff riviera
    Posts
    10,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post
    I've just remembered that Dawn Butler was the first ever MP to ask a question in Parliament using sign language, which was very laudable.

    More of that, less of the car crash radio interviews, please.
    I think my most ideal political election interview would be in sign language on the radio, bliss!!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

  12. #312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post
    I've just remembered that Dawn Butler was the first ever MP to ask a question in Parliament using sign language, which was very laudable.

    More of that, less of the car crash radio interviews, please.
    She got a lot of praise for signing - and rightly so, good for a politician to put effort in to make you think.

    I've not heard that interview all the way through but I like her generally - she speaks in a 'real' way and doesn't try to hide behind cliches - which I guess leaves her open to the odd gaff. I saw that Costa tweeted her saying its easy to get the coffee sellers mixed up (or something like that).

    If it is in anyway acceptable to fancy a politician then I think she is buff tings.

  13. #313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manor15 View Post
    Would expect she'll go for East given that Duddridge has come in for a lot of stick for his stances on taxis/Uber and Southend A&E. She's a member of the Labour Party, who were second there in 2015.
    I'm reading mixed messages on if she is intending to stand as an independent or not. I thought her party membership had expired but that may not be right. If she is intending to stand for Labour she would obviously need to apply to do that rather than decide to. I see her as someone who would stray from the party line a lot but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

  14. #314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Another Surrey Shrimper View Post
    I'm reading mixed messages on if she is intending to stand as an independent or not. I thought her party membership had expired but that may not be right. If she is intending to stand for Labour she would obviously need to apply to do that rather than decide to. I see her as someone who would stray from the party line a lot but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
    That's what I've been thinking about, would have expected her to stand as an independent but might feel she has a better chance of actually winning if she stands as Labour if only not to split the anti-Tory vote.

  15. #315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manor15 View Post
    That's what I've been thinking about, would have expected her to stand as an independent but might feel she has a better chance of actually winning if she stands as Labour if only not to split the anti-Tory vote.
    definitely - I would hope and assume the local CLP's are in touch with her to make sure they are not aiming for the same votes

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ShrimperZone.Com Official Sponsors