Likes Likes:  719
Page 21 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 General Election thread

Hector Of The House Benfleet A1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    You know what I mean Mr. Picky.

True Pink at the moment in her away kit actually and that's virtually red.
    I'd say more UKIPy but keep on believing
    Lord, in your mercy please give my friend a stroke

What is confusing me with this strong leadership thing is that if you know you have 2 years to do the most amount of admin, law making and trade deal negotiating in our history - surely a strong leader would get on with it not waste 7 weeks on an election that just distracts from the very major task in hand. She already wasted months trying to overturn the commons vote high court decision. Far from strong leadership she just seems to be dicking around creating other things to do rather than than the really big important one.

Quote Originally Posted by Benfleet A1 View Post
    I'd say more UKIPy but keep on believing
    God loves a trier.

Hector Of The House Benfleet A1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    God loves a trier.
    Like shooting fish in a barrel
    Lord, in your mercy please give my friend a stroke

Local election news: Jack Monroe looking to stand in Southend East or West (maybe using the libel money won from Katie Hopkins to fund the campaign) and former Tory party chairman Eric Pickles is quitting his Brentwood seat (probably the 3rd highest profile to quit after George Osborne and Alan Johnson)

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39677950

Another high profile Tory falls on his own sword.

Edit.Sorry didn't see ASS's post.
    "Burn neoliberalism,not people"

Clive Lewis.MP.

just for you youngsters who may not understand the irony of Barna's post (I have always assumed all are ironic) the day the Toiries lose Brentwood and Ongar is the day the revolution comes. Come on Barna the man's 65 with a 21,000 majority with UKIP second. Falling on his sword my arse. He's retiring.

Same revolution that would see David Amess losing Southend West. Jack Monroe would only split the 500 anti Tory votes thus increasing Amess's majority.

This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Another Surrey Shrimper View Post
    as muddled as that was she did apologise to Costa straight afterwards for getting the coffee sellers mixed up
    I've just remembered that Dawn Butler was the first ever MP to ask a question in Parliament using sign language, which was very laudable.

More of that, less of the car crash radio interviews, please.

Local election news: Jack Monroe looking to stand in Southend East or West (maybe using the libel money won from Katie Hopkins to fund the campaign) and former Tory party chairman Eric Pickles is quitting his Brentwood seat (probably the 3rd highest profile to quit after George Osborne and Alan Johnson)
    Would expect she'll go for East given that Duddridge has come in for a lot of stick for his stances on taxis/Uber and Southend A&E. She's a member of the Labour Party, who were second there in 2015.

Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post
    I've just remembered that Dawn Butler was the first ever MP to ask a question in Parliament using sign language, which was very laudable.

I think my most ideal political election interview would be in sign language on the radio, bliss!!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post

She got a lot of praise for signing - and rightly so, good for a politician to put effort in to make you think.

I've not heard that interview all the way through but I like her generally - she speaks in a 'real' way and doesn't try to hide behind cliches - which I guess leaves her open to the odd gaff. I saw that Costa tweeted her saying its easy to get the coffee sellers mixed up (or something like that).

If it is in anyway acceptable to fancy a politician then I think she is buff tings.

Quote Originally Posted by manor15 View Post
    Would expect she'll go for East given that Duddridge has come in for a lot of stick for his stances on taxis/Uber and Southend A&E. She's a member of the Labour Party, who were second there in 2015.
    I'm reading mixed messages on if she is intending to stand as an independent or not. I thought her party membership had expired but that may not be right. If she is intending to stand for Labour she would obviously need to apply to do that rather than decide to. I see her as someone who would stray from the party line a lot but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I'm reading mixed messages on if she is intending to stand as an independent or not. I thought her party membership had expired but that may not be right. If she is intending to stand for Labour she would obviously need to apply to do that rather than decide to. I see her as someone who would stray from the party line a lot but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
    That's what I've been thinking about, would have expected her to stand as an independent but might feel she has a better chance of actually winning if she stands as Labour if only not to split the anti-Tory vote.

Quote Originally Posted by manor15 View Post
    That's what I've been thinking about, would have expected her to stand as an independent but might feel she has a better chance of actually winning if she stands as Labour if only not to split the anti-Tory vote.
    definitely - I would hope and assume the local CLP's are in touch with her to make sure they are not aiming for the same votes