• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

you should watch it - Corbyn bossed Paxman, Paxman bossed May, even the audience bossed May. All of the polls on twitter had 'who won?' as 70% or more for Corbyn. I'm using the Sky poll as unbiased and 6,000 people have voted with 70% saying Corbyn. Would like to know the viewing figures as lots of anecdotal evidence of this being the final push for people to switch their vote.

In government, 20+% in the polls, she is throwing this away.

I would agree with that. June 8th cannot come soon enough for the Conservatives and their miserable campaign.

Edit - Just seen a tweet from Richard Osman; ratings peaked at over 3m towards the end, which is 'very good' for C4 apparently.

As Shadow Home Secretary she's unlikely to spend much time abroad I think.:winking:

Dian Abbott as Home Secretary. This is the woman who told a Republican news paper she does not feel British and as someone from a former colony defeating the British army in NI would be a great achievement.

Still that was way back in the 80's when hairstyles were different and nobody was talking peace. Jeremy was getting money off the GLC to fund the Irish in Islington Project, which was run by JC's good friend Gerry MacLochlainn on a very handsome salary. MacLochlainn was a convicted IRA terrorist who had just been released from prison after being convicted of possession of bombmaking equipment and conspiracy to cause explosions. The project was later raided by police and MacLochlainn detained.

Just goes to show it is OK to kill children as long as its for a suitable 70's Marxist cause.

Dian Abbott as Home Secretary. This is the woman who told a Republican news paper she does not feel British and as someone from a former colony defeating the British army in NI would be a great achievement.

Still that was way back in the 80's when hairstyles were different and nobody was talking peace
. Jeremy was getting money off the GLC to fund the Irish in Islington Project, which was run by JC's good friend Gerry MacLochlainn on a very handsome salary. MacLochlainn was a convicted IRA terrorist who had just been released from prison after being convicted of possession of bombmaking equipment and conspiracy to cause explosions. The project was later raided by police and MacLochlainn detained.

Just goes to show it is OK to kill children as long as its for a suitable 70's Marxist cause.

Get used to it.Times change.Thought Jeremy Corbyn dealt well with the questions he was asked on this topic on QT last night.

Tory supporters (like you) must be desperate if you're dragging this old stuff up ,time and time again.

Get used to it.Times change.Thought Jeremy Corbyn dealt well with the questions he was asked on this topic on QT last night.

Tory supporters (like you) must be desperate if you're dragging this old stuff up ,time and time again.

That's right anyone who isn't a committed leftie must be a Tory.......In blinkered leftie world.

When JC was marching through the streets with his IRA chums on 'Brits Out' demos, he never mentioned peace back then. That's why he voted against the Good Friday Peace Agreement.

When he attended a wreath-laying at the grave of a Palestinian terrorist he wasn't talking peace. Still his crime was killing 11 athletes in the Munich 1972 Olympics.

Still just goes to show murder is ok as long as its Jews......Especially Israeli Jews.

It may be old but it goes a long to telling a hell of a lot about a persons character. Once a terrorist sympathiser, always a terrorist sympathiser. And that goes for the odious Diane Abbot as well. You can wrap up and paint JC's fantasy costed GE manifesto any way you like but some people have long memories. You clearly don't and couldn't give a **** about his past collaboration and support for a known terrorist organisation.

Oh look, who's that just over Gerry Adams right shoulder? Not your beloved leader of the Labour party is it. He and the likes of Diane Abbott are not fit to tie my shoes laces let alone lead this great country of ours.

18813854_1650341871646035_7669099861379253729_n.jpg

Theresa-May-006.jpg

Set up as a Presidential form of contest, all that was missing were two candidates of Presidential quality. The format was awful. Generally superficial questions from the audience, with superficial responses and little or no supplementaries. Didn't like Paxman's style, other political commentators manage to corner their prey (especially these two) with out the show of aggessivity. Corbyn edged it, generally through, coming over as more genuine and relaxed. May? God! you understand why they've tried to keep her away from debates and the electorate in general. Interesting to compare this tame sanitised exhibition with the two and a half hour, face to face, debate over here, between Macron and Le Pen. You find out a lot from that. Not that Le Pen wouldn't have lost anyway but that 'car crash' debate certainly increased the margin of victory for Macron. Would have been interesting to see how Corbyn would have stood up to that depth and length of debate. May? strong and stable........within an hour I think she would have finished up under the table, weak and wobbly like a jelly. Although the votes haven't been cast, I have to make a comment about the Lib Dems. It's always difficult in the third party context to make yourself heard. Despite their small numbers, the Lib Dems have always seemed to find a leader of quality, Ashdown, Steel, Kennedy, Clegg. Tim Farron, nice bloke though he undoubtedly is, doesn't, for whatever reason, quite stand up with them. If I still had my vote in the UK it would probably go to Farron (mainly due to Brexit), though, depending on the constituency I would possibly vote tactically

Drove up Essex Way and Benfleet Road today. Several Conservative posters / placards and every single one of them defaced. Either knocked over, or Harris' face punched in, or supplementary text added (e.g. VOTE CONSERVATIVE if you want to ruin the country).

Not particularly grown up but I think any such banners are fair game for a spot of graffiti.

That's the fascist left for you.

Nice try ESB but showing support (albeit morally off the scale) for a country that contributes an enormous amount both economically and in terms of job security to this country through the sale of arms and military hardware is by no means the same as ideologically and physically supporting a terrorist organisation that has brought pain and misery to thousands of British citizens over the years.

And just so we're clear. I'm in no way condoning May and her actions but rather merely pointing out the error in comparing the two.

And just so we're clear. I'm in no way condoning May and her actions but rather merely pointing out the error in comparing the two.

Corbyn wanted peace through talking. May is selling weapons to the exact barbaric ethos that puts bombs in backpacks and kills kids in Manchester.

• Corbyn wanted peace through talking. May is selling weapons to the exact barbaric ethos that puts bombs in backpacks and kills kids in Manchester.

Peace through talks huh. Whilst at the same time telling an audience at London's Conway Hall 'I'm happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for an independent Ireland' with reference to those terrorists shot dead at County Armagh whilst bombing a police station. You have no clue MK, no clue whatsoever.

He openly sympathised and supported the IRA in everything they did. Peace through talks my arse. You can't interpret history to suit an argument. It is what it is and he was what he was.

And again, just so we're clear here. I agree. She's just as bad but the two cannot be compared.

Back