• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

Can you tell me AAS whether Labours version of brexit would have continued free movement?....would we still be part of the customs union?...I note that the European court would still have primacy under Labour.

Absolutely not according to Labour's Shadow Brexit spokesman.KS also suggested the other day that remaining "part of the custom's union" should remain on the negotiating table from the outset of talks.

Absolutely not according to Labour's Shadow Brexit spokesman.KS also suggested the other day that remaining "part of the custom's union" should remain on the negotiating table from the outset of talks.

According to AAS, its a no the customs union?

According to AAS, its a no the customs union?

Not on a TV interview I saw earlier this week.He refused to rule out a deal for access to the custom's union,which was to be on the table for discussion at the beginning of Brexit talks with the EU.This,of course,is a clear contrast with Tory policy.

Not on a TV interview I saw earlier this week.He refused to rule out a deal for access to the custom's union,which was to be on the table for discussion at the beginning of Brexit talks with the EU.This,of course,is a clear contrast with Tory policy.

What isn't clear to the public, is Labour's Brexit strategy.

Brexit%20clarity-01.png

What isn't clear to the public, is Labour's Brexit strategy.

Brexit%20clarity-01.png

That's because Labour are not proposing a binary option like the Tories (hard Brexit) or the LIB/Dems (second referendum on the terms).QED.

If you want to see Labour's Brexit strategy I suggest you look here:-https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/24/labour-vows-to-rip-up-and-rethink-brexit-white-paper

Last edited:
What is the Conservative Party policy on Brexit?

In a nutshell, to be a fully independent country - one not part of a union with institutions that can override national parliaments and courts. I'm surprised you haven't taken a read considering you have so much to say on it.

In any event, my opinion doesn't matter on it's own as my vote is worth the same as yours.... one. My point here is that based on the sample provided, this seems to be the opinion of a much larger demographic than just you and me.

In a nutshell, to be a fully independent country - one not part of a union with institutions that can override national parliaments and courts. I'm surprised you haven't taken a read considering you have so much to say on it.

In any event, my opinion doesn't matter on it's own as my vote is worth the same as yours.... one. My point here is that based on the sample provided, this seems to be the opinion of a much larger demographic than just you and me.

And the price to be paid for that will be? :whistling:

from the little you have described that element of their Brexit policy sounds no different to Labour's. There must be more to it than that. What is it that the general public fully understand on their policy that you and I can't easily identify?

Back