Likes Likes:  357
Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 General Election thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpers are Magic View Post
    IMO all of us should take this approach rather than the "I voted Labour, Dad voted Labour, his dad and his dad, and so on and so on. I'm certainly going to look at the local candidates and vote for who I think represents me more.
    If that turns out to be Stella Creasy then so be it, but I'm voting for the local area rather than the figure heads.
    If my daughter ever voted Tory or UKIP I'd disown her.

Hector Of The House Benfleet A1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    Forged ballot paper on the way.
    Lord, in your mercy please give my friend a stroke

UKIP probably won't exist this time next year let alone when she is 18 - hold your fire till she starts dating an MK Dons fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Benfleet A1 View Post
    Forged ballot paper on the way.
    Haha, I don't think 5yr olds are elligible!

Quote Originally Posted by Another Surrey Shrimper View Post
    UKIP probably won't exist this time next year let alone when she is 18 - hold your fire till she starts dating an MK Dons fan!
    Hey, she's already a true blue so she won't be having any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Surrey Shrimper View Post
    Who votes BNP
    Last edited by rigsby; 21-04-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rigsby View Post
    Who votes BNP
    At 5, she's probably already more educated than your average BNP supporter.

Poor show, if of course true.

People should have the right to vote the way they wish to and not feel pressurized by anyone either in or outside of the family. I would not feel the same way if my daughter voted Labour.

I assume your comment is a little "tongue in cheek" though.
    Remembering the scandal of "Stickersgate"

Quote Originally Posted by superblue24 View Post
    Poor show, if of course true.

People should have the right to vote the way they wish to and not feel pressurized by anyone either in or outside of the family. I would not feel the same way if my daughter voted Labour.

I assume your comment is a little "tongue in cheek" though.
    Of course it is. I was born into a Labour voting house, and a dad who believed in the Unions so maybe I get my political affiliations from him, but we had quite a fractious relationship so you'd think I'd be a dyed in the wool Tory.

MK Jnr can make up her own mind at 18, but I'll tell you one thing, I will make sure she votes in 2028.

Of course it is. I was born into a Labour voting house, and a dad who believed in the Unions so maybe I get my political affiliations from him, but we had quite a fractious relationship so you'd think I'd be a dyed in the wool Tory.

MK Jnr can make up her own mind at 18, but I'll tell you one thing, I will make sure she votes in 2028.
    That's a different proposition. You can do so much to instill in your children that Labour/Tory/Lib Dem is the right way to go, but I'd never lay it on the line to my two of 1 and 4.
    Remembering the scandal of "Stickersgate"

Quote Originally Posted by superblue24 View Post
    That's a different proposition. You can do so much to instill in your children that Labour/Tory/Lib Dem is the right way to go, but I'd never lay it on the line to my two of 1 and 4.
    When do you become politically aware? I remember at 7/8 being quite excited that we'd have a woman as PM as it was a new thing.

At 5, she's probably already more educated than your average BNP supporter.
    According to Tangled and his 'horse shoe' theory, you are no different to your average BNP supporter.

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rigsby View Post
    Unlike you I don't buy or subscribe to news papers. So my world is not based around what Guardian tell me.
    Unfortunately, I very rarely get the chance to buy The Guardian these days,though I do read it online practically every day and contribute to its running costs.

Just seen these two tweets:

Theresa May:
    Tues: - Bans TV Debates
    Wed: - Bans Public from her event
    Thur: - Bans Press from her event
    Fri: - Bans factory workers asking questions during her visit

Theresa May's Director of Communications & Press Secretary have quit.

I assume that doesn't extend to what team she supports...

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogi bear up the cagire View Post
    So, Corbyn and Labour today decide to attack the government on infant/primary class sizes. My God! there are SO many areas in education (teacher morale and numbers, new grammar schools) where the Tories can be rightly taken to task. Yet, Labour launch an attack using a TINY minority of oversized classes and claiming that the situation is getting worse,.......which it apparently isn't..............well, only in Wales, where Labour are in control! Their arguments were effectively and embarrassingly torn to pieces on the World at One, a short time ago. Verdict, Labour need to do better, one hell of a lot better. If this is the quality of their argument and debate, they will get the drubbing they deserve......pathetic, sorry
    Saw Labour's Shadow Education Minister on the Daily Politics earlier, unable to say what maximum class sizes would be under Labour.Oh well perhaps the answer will be in next week's manifesto.