• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

So did Hitler and he was still an extremist.

c00.png

I don't mean 10% of the population when I say the five percenters. I mean the extreme in any group of people. So in effect the 5% of people who are already left wing or 5% of people who are already right wing. 5% of muslims who are dangerous. 5% of The Blue voice etc.

People on the left who would qualify would be someone who wants to put a bullet in Nigel Farage's head. Someone who supports violence against a legal fox hunt etc. Do you know anyone who has said such ridiculous comments ?
Ya I know, I was just taking advantage of your wording. To answer your question though because that is what we do - reply to each other's queries:

Left wing
Yes I know lots of them

Right wing
Yes I know a few but I always try to talk them round

Dangerous Muslims
No. I know lots of Muslims but none who are dangerous. Though my brother-in-law is a chef and I do think it's dangerous that he is slicing veg while fasting, but he hasn't come to any harm so far.

Blue Voice
Can't say I know any of them personally but I did have a 'conversation' with one of them who objected to me giving out anti-BNP leaflets once

Someone who wants a bullet for Farage
I believe I know who you are referring to, don't think I saw the original comment but I recall you referring to it a few times and I have been to a couple of matches with that person

Supporter of violence against fox hunts
Yes I do. Well, did. The guy who used to sell the Big Issue at Temple - Rod, West Ham fan unfortunately - he was and probably still is an 'enthusiastic' hunt saboteur.

We can choose yes, but we were all told that we would spend £350m on our NHS which is both factually incorrect in terms of the amount and a complete lie in terms of it going on the NHS, as the government and even Boris himself won't confirm this.

Where on the that poxy bus did it say WE WOULD?
To me, it says We Could spend that amount instead of sending to the EU.
The Leave campaign were not the government - they were made up of all parties.

576855022.jpg

531350218.jpg

Mr Johnson happily endorsing the more emphatic version of the lie

Mr Fox is standing next to him btw so that is two members of the government that should quit if they have (they have) made up financial figures and the destination of the made up funds

Where on the that poxy bus did it say WE WOULD?
To me, it says We Could spend that amount instead of sending to the EU.
The Leave campaign were not the government - they were made up of all parties.

576855022.jpg
I'm happy for Kate Hoey to get the push for lying to the electorate too if we are going to pick off the individual members of Vote Leave rather than just referring to them as a chunk of the cabinet.

There's no apparently about it. Up until recently I'd voted labour all my life. I have a right, and I think the whole country has a duty, to attack an organisation for being racist. You had a go at me for banging on about it, but apparently the same rule doesn't apply to you.

I also haven't deflected any criticism of the tories. As I said, you're perfectly within your rights to attack them, but don't then have a go at people for doing much the same thing. You wouldn't want to be accused of being a hypocrite would you?

Are we talking about an organisation being racist or anti-semite? If it is the latter then certainly the Labour Party has issues to face. However I don't think things are that much better in the Tory party and here it is even more insidious due to the fact that it is hidden...........but there all the same. The treatment of Michael Howard? the reason why Michael Portillo never became party leader. (mind you, there may be another reason for that)

The point that makes me feel sorry for the likes of you is that you really believe this bollocks.:facepalm:

Please don't feel sorry for me I have private health and dental insurance so the last thing I want is another £350m a week wasted on the NHS. If I really thought we would waste any savings from the EU on the NHS then I would have voted remain.

Please don't feel sorry for me I have private health and dental insurance so the last thing I want is another £350m a week wasted on the NHS. If I really thought we would waste any savings from the EU on the NHS then I would have voted remain.
even though you don't want extra funds going to the NHS because it doesn't benefit you personally - it must still be frustrating that that every time there is a discussion on leaving the EU there will always be people ready to point out the lies that dogged the campaign, and that the £350 million made up figure is the most striking lie of the lot.
Cameron / Osborne's lies could mostly only be proven as lies if they lost, Boris Johnson / Liam Fox's lies would be proven as lies if they won. That's a pretty frustrating situation if you argued to leave and still discussing it once the truth is out.

even though you don't want extra funds going to the NHS because it doesn't benefit you personally - it must still be frustrating that that every time there is a discussion on leaving the EU there will always be people ready to point out the lies that dogged the campaign, and that the £350 million made up figure is the most striking lie of the lot.
Cameron / Osborne's lies could mostly only be proven as lies if they lost, Boris Johnson / Liam Fox's lies would be proven as lies if they won. That's a pretty frustrating situation if you argued to leave and still discussing it once the truth is out.

I do benefit from the NHS. I have used A&E amongst other things. What I don't like to see is the same people calling out an ambulance and going to A&E over 1000 times (BBC in Blackburn infirmary). These sort of people cost someone else their life.

Why would I be frustrated about lies....We voted out. The EU has been one big lie for years luckily for your children's future there were more people who could see through them than be fooled by them. In 10 years time when it has collapsed you will be the one who has to explain to people how you were so easily conned for all that time.

Does that include private A&E cover as well? Nobody can truthfully say that the finances of the NHS aren't perilous, but if you're suggesting that we shouldn't invest anything in it then my opinion is that that's a very jaundiced view.

Later........ignore this, you're already having the debate it seems.

Does that include private A&E cover as well? Nobody can truthfully say that the finances of the NHS aren't perilous, but if you're suggesting that we shouldn't invest anything in it then my opinion is that that's a very jaundiced view.

Later........ignore this, you're already having the debate it seems.

That's not why I went to A&E

"Please don't feel sorry for me I have private health and dental insurance so the last thing I want is another £350m a week wasted on the NHS."

Don't feel sorry for me either, I pay road tax but still sometimes walk somewhere. I'd hate to see roads without pot-holes.

I'm happy for Kate Hoey to get the push for lying to the electorate too if we are going to pick off the individual members of Vote Leave rather than just referring to them as a chunk of the cabinet.

It is for Kate Hoey's constituents to decide when they would prefer to be represented by another - not by nasty little activists like you.

£1 billion it is costing us for the DUP to prop up the Tories after she threw away the Commons majority that was given to her for free. Two and a half weeks of negotiations which missed deadlines of the start of the EU negotiations and the Queens Speech and that is the outcome. Omni-shambles.

£1 billion it is costing us for the DUP to prop up the Tories after she threw away the Commons majority that was given to her for free. Two and a half weeks of negotiations which missed deadlines of the start of the EU negotiations and the Queens Speech and that is the outcome. Omni-shambles.

We have always had to prop up NI mainly in legal aid bills. The rest of the UK legal aid has been cut but not in NI, still the same old gravy train. For every resident in NI we spend £5,500 per year more than we collect in taxes. In Scotland it just £3,000 per year more per resident.

We should really flood both countries with immigrants because according to you lefties they pay far more in than they take out.

*£1 billion for the next two years, although whilst the DUP have pledged to support the Tories for the full 5 years there will be a 'review' of the terms after 2 years, so no doubt that will be £1 billion per year until 2022.

What's that as a percentage of GDP? I really hate it when the Daily Fail spout numbers (usually in relation to benefits and benefit fraud) but don't put it in context. I suppose I have to be consistent.

What's that as a percentage of GDP? I really hate it when the Daily Fail spout numbers (usually in relation to benefits and benefit fraud) but don't put it in context. I suppose I have to be consistent.
No idea but it’s a lot of money to buy the votes of a party that will always vote for Tory policies anyway, to gain a position that the Tories had anyway until May decided to ignore the fix term rule.

It’s allying themselves with a sectarian party whose social policies do not tie in with the rest of the UK, it’s not signed by the PM (because she is not sticking around?), it sends a signal to the EU that out government are desperate enough to spend so long coming up with a deal that is so expensive, it sends a bad message to the Republican community in NI, it is a green light to all sorts of interest groups that there actually is a magic money tree after all. In an attempt to hold this government together they are opening themselves up to all sorts of new issues. Yet another bad decision from May.

As a % of GDP – no idea, but the costs go way beyond that.

Back