• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So with 1 home and 1 away game still to go, it might be worth considering what we think has been the best performance of the season at home and the best performance away from home .......... and why.

And I'm sure Gillingham isn't going to feature ............. or Port Vale.

I'll nominate Bradford (A) - the start of the revival and a cracking game to boot.

And Walsall (H) - 2 nil down and ......... well, you know the rest. :smile:

On paper surely Sheffield United away was our best result and performance of the season.

Scunthorpe at home also worth an honourable mention for our best 90 minutes at Roots Hall. Even Millwall when we stopped the rot early on in the season was a good display.

The Bradford City home game was our best all-round display.

I've only been to one away game and we lost that.

Sheffield United away was an amazing game. We stayed up there and were chatting with some of their supporters in the hotel beforehand, and they were adamant that we would win. Of course, we were on a terrible run back then which we pointed out, but they were so sure that their team were dreadful that they maintained we'd win.

Of course, the game went down in Shrimper folk lore - an incredible 15 minute cameo appearance from Nile that totally destroyed the Blades. One of the most destructive 15 minutes by a player I've ever seen.

Back in the hotel afterwards, their fans were talking about life in L1 and how difficult it would be and they might even end up in L2. How times changed!

Home games, well, Walsall was pretty special.

Sheffield away was the most important win of the season because it showed what we were capable of and gave the players and some fans confidence that we could have a good season.

The home game v Bradford was our best all round performance but for entertainment and drama then it has to be Walsall.

Haven't managed to get to an away game this season but the home game v Walsall was the nearest I've come to feeling how I felt at Wembley in the play off final.

Away result, Peterborough
Away atmosphere, Charlton

Home result, Bradford
Home atmosphere, too many - can't decide; but the last 10-15 mins of the Swindon game sticks in my mind...

Back