• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not a good enough level as far as I'm concerned, I did say "decent level".

Saw him play at Borehamwood against Lincoln earlier this season. He did almost exactly nothing.

That said, I wish him well for the future. He must be feeling pretty down right now.

I didn't see Williams a great deal but he never really struck me as someone with a clear 'differential' that made him stand out as an option. Even though he was pretty hefty he didn't hold the ball up particularly well, was limited aerially and wasn't especially pacy or a natural fox-in-the-box finisher. He's going to have to work hard to get opportunities and take a chance. There was never a time when he was on the bench and I thought "Williams could be a good option here". Wish him all the best though, and there's clearly some talent in there.

I agree. He reminds me in a way of Harry Crawford in that he does not have a particular attribute you can assign to him.

Players like Jermaine MCGlashen and Myles Weston before him can be anonymous in some games but at least have the pace and unpredictably to make a difference in others

I hope I am wrong but I can see Jack Bridge drifting down the divisions for the same reason.

All the best to him though and I hope he can play at a suitable level either professionally or alongside a career outside of football.

Shame it never worked out for JW here, but I wish him all the best for the future

I agree. He reminds me in a way of Harry Crawford in that he does not have a particular attribute you can assign to him.

Players like Jermaine MCGlashen and Myles Weston before him can be anonymous in some games but at least have the pace and unpredictably to make a difference in others

I hope I am wrong but I can see Jack Bridge drifting down the divisions for the same reason.

All the best to him though and I hope he can play at a suitable level either professionally or alongside a career outside of football.

Jack Bridge needs a loan out to a Lge2 club next season, or they may as well release him, bizarre that he was on trial at Bournemouth so he must have something about him. Bridge was a revelation at Chelmsford so I reckon he could be a decent asset at Lge2 or maybe top end conference.

As for JW, he could end up back at Chelmsford or maybe the Billericay lot?

Both still young players, so a backwards step may move them forward...

Jack Bridge needs a loan out to a Lge2 club next season, or they may as well release him, bizarre that he was on trial at Bournemouth so he must have something about him. Bridge was a revelation at Chelmsford so I reckon he could be a decent asset at Lge2 or maybe top end conference.

As for JW, he could end up back at Chelmsford or maybe the Billericay lot?

Both still young players, so a backwards step may move them forward...

I still believe that Amos was brought in so Brown could put Bridge further out of the picture. Okay, they're two different types of midfielders, but Brown still has a midfielder for cover and Bridge hasn't been selected since January...

Lesson learnt??? Easily replaced???

Back