• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Less matchday substitutes and a proper competitive reserve team league and you might see younger players developing quicker into the far more physical and demanding 1st team environment.

It's hard to judge a player on 10 minutes here and there and a load of Under 21 games, so eventually you have to make a call on someone and spend the wages on someone else.

PB is building a squad that he feels could challenge for promotion and there will be casualties along the way.

Jason Williams is one of those. Could he have been given more of a chance? .. As 'Rigsby' said, supporters haven't got the patience to wait and see. PB's defeats at the end of last season were banded about on here in September when we had poll after poll about whether he should stay. People quoting a run of defeats stretching back to last season, with hardly a mention that potential players were being looked at in some of those matches. Not just Jack Bridge and Ted Smith, but the loan players, as well and the likes of Franck Moussa, who were on trial.

Bottom line is, we have a wage bill and I'd rather it was spent on League One standard players or the very best youngsters, than someone who hasn't done enough to impress.

PB is judged on results, not on how good a guy he is to the youth team.

Not a good enough level as far as I'm concerned, I did say "decent level".

They're only 2 divisions below us, and he didn't really do it there either. I wish he would have succeeded, but he didn't and a move away is probably best all round.

I really do wish him well for the future.

Think it's the right thing for him to do moving on as he has found himself our last choice striker due to us having a very good and more so the best strike force we have ever had to be honest, wish him well for the future:thumbsup:

Good luck to Jason, feel we did him a bit of a dis-service in not getting him loaned out at a decent level this season. Wish him all the best.
My main thing is I wish he could have gone out to n loan for longer. I guess the new rules made that difficult/ impossible

Apologies if I have missed it but I think it's poor from the club to have not announced this.

Wabo & Walker is more of an upgrade than JW, I don't think he will get ahead of Walker & Wabo at all.

Wabo & Walker is more of an upgrade than JW, I don't think he will get ahead of Walker & Wabo at all.

Make up your mind , which way round is it ???
It's very important for all double acts to get this sorted very early in their careers.

Wise & Morecambe
Ball & Cannon
Garfunkel & Simon

None of these would have worked

It's very important for all double acts to get this sorted very early in their careers.

Wise & Morecambe
Ball & Cannon
Garfunkel & Simon

Teller and Penn

Apologies if I have missed it but I think it's poor from the club to have not announced this.

I'm sure it will be announced when his contract officially ends. All that happened yesterday was he was told he's not getting new one. A contract won't have officially ran out with the season still ongoing

Wise & Morecambe
Ball & Cannon
Garfunkel & Simon

Edwina Currie & John Major?

Wise & Morecambe
Ball & Cannon
Garfunkel & Simon

Absolutely, spot on.

I think the key is that the double-syllable name is always first.

Like Mercer & Spence, or Eastwood & Gray.

Applying this, we still have a problem with Walker & Wabo, of course, but it sounds better this way around.

Back