• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Marquee is going up for the Gala Dinner on Sunday. No need to get in a flap about it!

If not Amos, I'd be tempted to start with McG and McL and try and pull their defence around a bit.

This could open up space for Cox and Ranger.

I really wouldn't like to see Will, Lenny & Tims in midfield, together. It doesn't really work.

Last time McG and McL started a game together was at Rochdale in October in the 5 at the back one up front set up. We did beat Oxford and Millwall with that set up but I didn't see either of those games.

The problem is the only other attacking midfield player, apart from Wordsworth, is Jack Bridge and he burnt them in January.

Will, Lenny and Tims don't create much and isn't Amos a similar type of player - good at closing down and working hard.

How about starting with Fortune, Robinson, Cox and Ranger - Walton has a very long kick doesn't he ? Save the messing about waiting to make the subs -just panic for the whole 90 minutes.

Maybe not my preferred line up , but this is what I expect if Coker is fit.

Walton
Demitriou , Thompson , Ferdinand , Coker
Atkinson , Timlin , Leonard , McLaughlin
Ranger , Cox

subs : Fortune , Robinson , McGlashen , Bexon , Amos , White , Hines ( or O'Neil ).

I agree with Andy and others that without Wordsworth we do lack quality in midfield.
My hope is that if indeed this is the line up , Timlins inclusion allows Lenny to play a much more advanced role.
He largely sits to allow Wordsworth that freedom and it's worked for the most part with a good goal return , but I think Lenny also has the capacity to add goals , given more freedom.

Last time McG and McL started a game together was at Rochdale in October in the 5 at the back one up front set up. We did beat Oxford and Millwall with that set up but I didn't see either of those games.

The problem is the only other attacking midfield player, apart from Wordsworth, is Jack Bridge and he burnt them in January.

Will, Lenny and Tims don't create much and isn't Amos a similar type of player - good at closing down and working hard.

How about starting with Fortune, Robinson, Cox and Ranger - Walton has a very long kick doesn't he ? Save the messing about waiting to make the subs -just panic for the whole 90 minutes.

Amos is more creative and a better passer, from what I've seen and Tottenham believe in.

The Rochdale set-up was wrong. McL & McG tucked in as support for Mooney, in a kind of front three.

Playing them on Sunday as wide midfielders/wingers, would be in a different system to that game.

With Woody out I'd honestly be looking at a 3 man midfield of Lenny, Will and one of McGlashan or McLaughlin, with Cox just in front and Robinson and Fortuné up top. Bring Nile on during the game if necessary.

With Woody out I'd honestly be looking at a 3 man midfield of Lenny, Will and one of McGlashan or McLaughlin, with Cox just in front and Robinson and Fortuné up top. Bring Nile on during the game if necessary.

That works for me - Cox has the invention to slide balls through to Robbo and Fortune who then can run at the defence, and if Cox puts the ball wide we have one of the two Macs to take it on and ping it in the box for Robbo/Fortune to slide in and score.

You should have been at the AGM tonight and got your point on this across - it's far more important than another set of plans for Fantasy Farm

Anyone know how many tickets have been sold? that calculation tool isnt working now for me, is it just me or are all having trouble, just says the server is down all the time?

Anyone know how many tickets have been sold? that calculation tool isnt working now for me, is it just me or are all having trouble, just says the server is down all the time?

7842 Sold*
631 good seats available, 842 total.

This works for me, but you sometimes have to click on refresh in your browser up the top if the figures don't appear first time. http://southend.cstevens.me/

Not sure I like todays news of Brizzle Rovers getting ahead of the game and announcing they are releasing 8 players and offering contracts to 5. Looks on the face of it a give away to Millwall or will they play their babies like Walsall did against Port Vale?

Back