• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am taking liberties with a famous saying of Horatio Nelson, before the battle of Trafalgar.
"SOUTHEND EXPECTS THAT EVERY MAN DOES HIS DUTY!

Over to you Mr Phil !Horatio" Brown

Wordsworth is out for the season might need another operation. Don't know where the creativity will come from. I have zero expectation now.

For me it's very much no Wordsworth, no chance. We missed him so much at Shrewsbury. None of our other midfielders bring what he does. We might scrape past Bury and get into the play-offs. But without him for the play-offs is too much.

I know some fans have had issues with Wordsworth during the season, really not sure why. Where do our goals come from in midfield without him?

Where's the additive ticket sales sticky gone? I need a fix.

Walton

Demi, ferdi, Thompson, Coker

Atkinson, Lenny, timlin, Robinson

Cox, ranger

Swap timlin for Atkinson and play mcglashan out wide and you have it. We have to go straight at Bury from the off. Get it out wide and get balls in the box.

Walton

Demi, ferdi, Thompson, Coker

Atkinson, Lenny, timlin, Robinson

Cox, ranger

That team is too narrow for my liking. Will and Theo won't hug the touch line , if these players are starting Theo will be up top and cox will play deeper. The middle will get clogged up ..

Yes Macca hasn't been his best , well not the form since he got injured, but on his day, he is a great outlet and if Coker is back, they combine really well. If Wordy is out, I feel that line up above doesn't create enough.

Anticipate that Bury will just sit back waiting for us to break down and catch on the break.Need to hold the ball up to bring in other players Believe they only need a point

Anticipate that Bury will just sit back waiting for us to break down and catch on the break.Need to hold the ball up to bring in other players Believe they only need a point

If you need a point it's very dangerous to play for a point and invite pressure. You may be right but I'd be surprised if they set themselves up with that game plan.
Personally I can see a nervy game with mistakes made by both sides, we just need to make sure we punish theirs.

Tickets sold creeping towards 7,000 :thumbsup:
Currently 7,175.
I notice not so many tickets have been given away in the South Lower yet, they must be hoping to actually sell them for once!
So if you include the other tickets then that is getting on towards 8,000. I originally thought Bury would bring about 200 but can see them bringing a few more than that now.
So looking like a 9,000+ crowd now, maybe?

Up over 7,100 now and X block opened...

A Bury fans forum refers to a supercomputer prediction that should please us:

"The Play Off spots are also pretty nailed on if the predictions are to be believed - Fleetwood Town, Scunthorpe United, Bradford City and Southend United take their places in the hopes for Wembley success - with Rochdale missing out by only one point."

So that's OK then. Panic over.

Just bought 2 in Block X, most of the other blocks were sold out or very limited without seats next to each other. :thumbsup:

I've still not got my ticket not sure I can endure another love hate relationship ending on A bad note with Southend this season. On the bright side I reckon we will win 4-0 and millwall will only draw

Selecting outfield players for this match is not easy.
IMO Phil has sent out the strongest available sides in recent games YET they haven't done themselves justice.
Fitness and injury have been factors however nerves need to conquered or making the play offs will be prolonging the frustrations.
we need width and McL or MacG provide that, which is fit, who has the attitude needed?
Cox and Nile if fit or MAF for Nile, Theo for Cox.
Amos or Tims?

Back