• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't agree with that. I think Wordsworth and Coker would fetch a decent amount. As for next season Thompson if he continues this form and if Nile stays out of trouble he could be the jewel in the crown! There is a reason Ron tied him down with a long contract. There is certainly more potential fund raisers than just Lenny

I think Wordy is classy BUT he has/had injuries where he misses large portions of the season....can't see many clubs paying any decent fee for him,if any fee at all.

Cokes however is a bloody good full back who IMO can easily play level 2....decent fee.

I think Wordy is classy BUT he has/had injuries where he misses large portions of the season....can't see many clubs paying any decent fee for him,if any fee at all.

Cokes however is a bloody good full back who IMO can easily play level 2....decent fee.

Unfortunately this is why Wordsworth won't be a regular Championship player because of his injury record. In his time he's been injured more than not BUT when he is fit I think he's quality. A little lazy at times but a real creative player who has goals in him, I actually think there's a lot of room for improvement which could make him an even better player.

With regards to Coker, I do rate him but I'm not convinced that he could make it to being a first choice championship left back. When he's in the squad he see's so much of the ball and creates plenty of attacks through out the game but I don't think his defensive qualities are good enough for the championship. I also think he would get caught out a lot more with his twists and turns that he does. I think he's more of a very good league 1 player or a back up championship left back.

Unfortunately this is why Wordsworth won't be a regular Championship player because of his injury record. In his time he's been injured more than not BUT when he is fit I think he's quality. A little lazy at times but a real creative player who has goals in him, I actually think there's a lot of room for improvement which could make him an even better player.

With regards to Coker, I do rate him but I'm not convinced that he could make it to being a first choice championship left back. When he's in the squad he see's so much of the ball and creates plenty of attacks through out the game but I don't think his defensive qualities are good enough for the championship. I also think he would get caught out a lot more with his twists and turns that he does. I think he's more of a very good league 1 player or a back up championship left back.

Agree with you about Wordy....top player.

Cokes however with better players would be comfy at level 2 ,just my opinion though.

It's a funny thing with Wordy's injury record.

I don't think it's been too bad, this season.

I'll wager Ben has missed more games.

It's a funny thing with Wordy's injury record.

I don't think it's been too bad, this season.

I'll wager Ben has missed more games.

This season he hasn't been too bad hence why he has got 12 goals. If you can get him on the pitch then you have got some player there IMO but that's easier said than done. Previous seasons he's been out for most of it which is a real shame and like I said previously, this is the reason why he isn't playing at a higher level.

Coker has been injured for two periods this season I believe and was out for a while last season with his elbow injury. But about from that he's been pretty injury free.

Gutted neither of them are going to play Sunday as we are much better with them in the team.

Back