• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will he stay or will he go?

• Brown will stay

Votes: 196 86.7%
  • Brown will resign

Votes: 27 11.9%
  • Brown will get sacked by RM

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
It all depends on Ron's patience.

If Ron feels that, this season, he has fully supported PB and if it all goes wrong Sunday, will Ron let PB carry on for another year having not got us into the play-offs or will Ron be happy with our position of improving over the years.

If Ron doesn't see the passion in PB's eyes he will be out.

And Ron Martin has shown shown plenty of that over the years. Look how trigger-happy some clubs are - but we've only had four permanent managers since 2004.

Whatever happens on Sunday I believe Phil Brown will still be Southend United manager come August 5th and I very much hope that he is.

How many finals did the great Webb achieve over the even greater Tilson?

Webb got 3 promotions 1 relegation and our highest ever league position and an FA Cup 5th Round (last 16 for all 92 pro clubs + 100's of non league)

Tilly got one promotion, one divisional championship two relegations and twice into the final two of a tournament for the bottom 48 teams in the league.

Webby shades it...

Brown will still be here next year. I don't think Championship owners want to go for the type of manager Brown is - particularly foreign owners. Besides they would probably want him to give up his radio work and I can't see him doing that.

Webb got 3 promotions 1 relegation and our highest ever league position and an FA Cup 5th Round (last 16 for all 92 pro clubs + 100's of non league)

Tilly got one promotion, one divisional championship two relegations and twice into the final two of a tournament for the bottom 48 teams in the league.

Webby shades it...

You forgot Tilson's greatest achievement IMO ...he saved us from dropping into the conference.

Webby shades it...

Webb was also a genius at spotting players before the advent of youtube. Powell, Austin, Benjamin, Ansah, etc, oh and Tilson.

Webby shades it...

Oh and Tilly's boys drew at the Bridge and beat Manchester United.

Oh and Tilly's boys drew at the Bridge and beat Manchester United.

That Man United win also put us in the 1/4 final's of the league cup and we only went out to an offside goal, almost so could of been a 2 legged semi against Arsenal.

That Man United win also put us in the 1/4 final's of the league cup and we only went out to an offside goal, almost so could of been a 2 legged semi against Arsenal.

Very true,

Attendances under Tilly went from 2500 up to 10,000 plus ,oh and Eastwood made the club a lot of money.

Out of 10.....Tilson 10 Webb 9.

He has turned it around big time so he is secure imo.

7th/8th is still a decent finish despite a bad ending.

I don't call not failing at something an achievement,

Did you ever see a Webb side play ?

:stunned::stunned::stunned:

When he took over the club were bottom 4 or 5 with just a couple of points from us being right in the poo,relegation would IMO have finished the club.

We soon pulled away from danger so he succeeded there too.

My own personal feeling is that over the past few games the players have lost their bottle. It's incredibly frustrating and I expect us to narrowly miss out now. Having said that though whatever happens on Sunday Brown has done a top job this season (and I was never his biggest fan). He has recruited real quality in the likes of Cox, Ranger, Ferdinand etc and this has been a season of progress for the club. We could get stuffed 0-10 on Sunday and I'll still be there at the end to applaud the players and management for giving us an exciting (if ultimately unsuccessful) campaign. You only have to look at clubs like Orient to realise that we're in good shape and with the right additions - and hopefully keeping hold of our key players - we can be a force in this league next season. Don't get me wrong I'll be gutted if we miss out but we should all try to look at the bigger picture here, most of us thought we were heading back to League Two back in October.

Webby shades it...

No FA Cup 5th round for Webby sadly.

You MrsBlue a supposedly SUFC supporter are quite wrong ,i base my comments not only on watching highlights but mainly from reading peoples threads here, and may i say most are very constructive not destructive like yours, and if i were living in Southend ,the place i was born as a supporter i would be at every match not just pick and choose when i want to go.

Back