• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
For those who like me are going from Suffolk It seems the A12 will be closed at kelvdon .And according to the papers there is a 22 mile detour .Though Braintree and Chelmsford .I know a couple use that road so does anyone know of a different way around it .

Would have thought Tiptree, Maldon would be a better bet!

Me too,

Just take the Maldon Road all the way through to Bicknacre and onwards to the Rettendon Turnpike.

Simples!

Sadly Mick the A12 is closed the junction before there you have to come off at The A120 heading down the 120 all the way to Braintree .I did think of cutting across witham and getting back on the A 12 there but reading there is a chance its closed there as well .Not making it easy for me .

I concur, swing a left of the A12 before kevledon,
Head towards Maldon, go past monkey puzzle on left, past food superstore on right, turn left on one of those roundabouts, head through a village with a pub, and should pop out on the old A130 somewhere, turn left onto the A130 carryon on in a southerly direction until you hit the A127.
If you get lost, go back to village pub, and tune in to BBC Essex.

Thank al I think I may have the way out If I leave at the A120 go all the way around the R bout head towards Colchester cut across to the Zoo then take that road to Maldon Angd yes pick up the turn pike This will only add about 5 miles to my trip . Then cut through hockley and rochford to the Bell for breakfast .

I used the A12 on Sunday and got hit by this. Going northbound was fine at 10am on a Sunday morning but in the afternoon going back the A12 was blocked back to the Colchester / Stanway turn off. I tried going down through Tiptree to Maldon but every other bugger was doing the same thing and there were long delays.

Good luck!

Don't really care how long it takes me to get home its getting there .I will stop at my sisters on the way home for a cupper and a chat .

You can leave A12 at Stanway (Tollgate) exit and take the new road around Retail Park to join Warren Lane and come out south of the Zoo on B1022 at Heckfordbridge. But the junction is on sharp bend and it can be quite difficult at the best of times to turn right crossing traffic, and when I did this it took ages to rejoin the A12 at Hatfield Peverell.

Depending on where you are in Suffolk, it is possible the A131 through Haverhill towards Braintree and then A131/A130 via Chelmsford could work? If you are early enough, traffic should be ok. As long as you clear Braintree before Freeport opens properly at 10.30 - 11 you will be fine. Travelling from Braintree for home games is a gigantic pain in the proverbial, and after almost 15 years, there is a lot to be said for moving back to Southend...!!

Depending on where you are in Suffolk, it is possible the A131 through Haverhill towards Braintree and then A131/A130 via Chelmsford could work? If you are early enough, traffic should be ok. As long as you clear Braintree before Freeport opens properly at 10.30 - 11 you will be fine. Travelling from Braintree for home games is a gigantic pain in the proverbial, and after almost 15 years, there is a lot to be said for moving back to Southend...!!

Thanks, we live in Suffolk's Hadleigh so will prob do something along the lines you suggest, tho we miss out on the 'lucky wave' at Col Ewe. We have got to get to the ground for 10 am latest due to things arranged there so won't be taking any chances and maybe leaving very early.

me to Suffolk shrimper leaving home at 6.45 hope to be at the bell for breakfast by 9am Before going to park as close to the ground as possible aT10 30ISH .Safe trip mate . from another Suffolk southend supporter

I've changed the thread title so as not to panic folk. When I first saw this I wondered if the A13 or A127 might be closed...

Anyhow, for those having to battle through the traffic - safe travels and best of luck.

[h=2]god getting to the hall gonna be a nightmare[/h]
I didn't even know that our Lord had a ticket, but I guess we need all the support we can get! :omg: :winking:

For those who like me are going from Suffolk It seems the A12 will be closed at kelvdon .And according to the papers there is a 22 mile detour .Though Braintree and Chelmsford .I know a couple use that road so does anyone know of a different way around it .

Notwithstanding the best way to avoid the A12, are you sure it's actually going to be closed on Sunday ?

I can see nothing about it on the Highways Agency and they usually do steer away from Bank Holiday weekends for scheduled closures.

Back