• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 season

Just in case anyone is interested there are handfuls of tickets available for the Jaguars game at Wembley still.

A few more NFL bets placed before the start of the season...

BUF - under 6.5 wins
CIN - under 8.5 wins
CHI - under 5.5 wins
DET - under 7.5 wins

A mixed start for these ones, but in Buffalo's case they have now played their easiest game of the whole year...

And a very speculative punt on Carolina at 33/1 to win the Super Bowl. There is a reason they are such a big price of course, but if their linebackers can stay fit and if Cam gets some decent protection they'll have a good season.

Man, the Giants were bad on Sunday. It's taken me a few days to come to terms with it.

I thought it was great to see Beast Mode in a Raiders uniform our offense is going to be hard to stop I just hope the defense can hold for the season.

Good slate of week two games coming up. Eagles vs Chiefs, Pats vs Saints, Vikings vs Steelers, Cowboys vs Broncos, Packers vs Falcons even Titans vs Jags looks intriguing after week one. I've a three screen setup going on on Sunday evenings now so should be able to keep up with them all :dim:

I could only do it on one screen so won't look as good as that!

A few more NFL bets placed before the start of the season...

BUF - under 6.5 wins
CIN - under 8.5 wins
CHI - under 5.5 wins
DET - under 7.5 wins

A mixed start for these ones, but in Buffalo's case they have now played their easiest game of the whole year...

And a very speculative punt on Carolina at 33/1 to win the Super Bowl. There is a reason they are such a big price of course, but if their linebackers can stay fit and if Cam gets some decent protection they'll have a good season.

Good call on my Bungles.

The O-line is historically bad after Marvin Lewis let two pro-bowlers walk because we'll get 5th round picks for them. We hoard these lower round picks because they are really valuable. So valuable that we had two 5th round picks this year and both were cut before the season and picked up by other sides:facepalm: We also cut a 6th rounder who we traded up to pick and a 7th rounder whilst two undrafted college free agents we'd passed over several times made the roster.

I had us starting 0-3 however they've now fired the over-promoted Offensive Co-ordinator - a full 5 days into the season - things might pick up a little. They need to let Mixon run the ball (instead of using a three man RB rotation) and use Green and Eifert more in the passing game. Oh and give the 1st round pick more than one snap. Hopefully Lazar is a better play caller, but I think with the O-line woes we may need to get a college coach in next year to run some sort of spread system.

We're definitely going to lose at least one game this year to Hue Jackson (who should have been the Bengals' head coach)'s Cleveland and someone's QB will go down and we'll again lose to some rookie QB nobody has ever heard of.

On the plus side, in one game time Burfict will be back from his arbitrary suspension which will transform the Bengals defence into a near elite unit (until he's next concussed/suspended) and I think we'll spring a shock and take a game off of the Steelers. We also apparently have the easiest schedule in the League, although when you lose to Houston that may not count for much. Oh and we should end up high enough in the draft to get a LT next year.

The excellent Tim Wigmore on Kapernick

Are those attending Wembley this year intending to stand for the US national anthem?

On the subject of protests during the US anthem, I can't recommend highly enough Salute about the third person on the podium during John Carlos and Tommie Smith's black power protest.

Good call on my Bungles.

The O-line is historically bad after Marvin Lewis let two pro-bowlers walk because we'll get 5th round picks for them. We hoard these lower round picks because they are really valuable. So valuable that we had two 5th round picks this year and both were cut before the season and picked up by other sides:facepalm: We also cut a 6th rounder who we traded up to pick and a 7th rounder whilst two undrafted college free agents we'd passed over several times made the roster.

I had us starting 0-3 however they've now fired the over-promoted Offensive Co-ordinator - a full 5 days into the season - things might pick up a little. They need to let Mixon run the ball (instead of using a three man RB rotation) and use Green and Eifert more in the passing game. Oh and give the 1st round pick more than one snap. Hopefully Lazar is a better play caller, but I think with the O-line woes we may need to get a college coach in next year to run some sort of spread system.

We're definitely going to lose at least one game this year to Hue Jackson (who should have been the Bengals' head coach)'s Cleveland and someone's QB will go down and we'll again lose to some rookie QB nobody has ever heard of.

On the plus side, in one game time Burfict will be back from his arbitrary suspension which will transform the Bengals defence into a near elite unit (until he's next concussed/suspended) and I think we'll spring a shock and take a game off of the Steelers. We also apparently have the easiest schedule in the League, although when you lose to Houston that may not count for much. Oh and we should end up high enough in the draft to get a LT next year.

The excellent Tim Wigmore on Kapernick

Are those attending Wembley this year intending to stand for the US national anthem?

On the subject of protests during the US anthem, I can't recommend highly enough Salute about the third person on the podium during John Carlos and Tommie Smith's black power protest.

Good stuff on the Bengals there YB. Can't have been fun writing that - and as you say, there is always the draft!

I have seen Salute and would join you in recommending it to anyone.

I haven't thought about the anthems at the London games yet - and now I am thinking about it. I always have and now I may not. I'll let you know after Sunday afternoon!

Last edited:
Well last night sucked.

The Packers stream quit on the last drive of the game in OT

I had stayed up late to watch itand on the final Packers push the screen went black . I instantly went back to the game but the watch live option had gone and the broadcast option was the only choice, which took me back to the beginning.

I therefore totally missed the climax of the game.

It looked like their "live broadcast" didnt take into account the extra time needed.

We got away with it as we won in OT, but this must be one of the stupidest plays in history.

We got away with it as we won in OT, but this must be one of the stupidest plays in history.

I can't see embedded videos, but presume that's the blocked punt that was returned to the one yard line and the guy slows down and basically does the equivalent of getting down on his hands and knees to head into an empty net, only to be tackled?

I can't see embedded videos, but presume that's the blocked punt that was returned to the one yard line and the guy slows down and basically does the equivalent of getting down on his hands and knees to head into an empty net, only to be tackled?

Precisely that. What a berk.

Back