• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Extended car park and more flats/apartments etc. Let's see what sort of mood the council are in.

The council are in favour of the flats add-on because they have to meet government targets and we have an extreme shortage of land in the town. If FF gets the green light then it also frees up RH for another 600 homes.

Any anticipated timeline for the plans to pass and is it expected to get called in again?

The Government have called the plan in once, they are unlikely to do it again as a precedent has been set, even though the plans are different.

It will however have to go before not only the planning committee, but full council due to the size of the application.

icon1.png
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by davewebbsbrain
What about the 5m Sainsburys gave us?

Written off apparently

Is this a fact or wishful thinking? If true, given that this is the most substantial chunk of club debt that is not to RM or his subsidiary companies, then this is quite a revelation.

Sounds like a good positive AGM, thanks for the updates McNasty.

The news about the stadium sounds really interesting and with BL on board I see no reason (financially) why it wouldn't progress by the Autumn. The main reason the application has been delayed is to deal with the High Street objections so lets hope all those problems have been ironed out. However from my own experience now that people know its going in officially they will find at any cost something to object about.......Lets hope the councillors you will be voting for....See the bigger picture, why not ask them their views and all you Shrimpers make sure you and your family vote.

Sounds like a good positive AGM, thanks for the updates McNasty.

The news about the stadium sounds really interesting and with BL on board I see no reason (financially) why it wouldn't progress by the Autumn. The main reason the application has been delayed is to deal with the High Street objections so lets hope all those problems have been ironed out. However from my own experience now that people know its going in officially they will find at any cost something to object about.......Lets hope the councillors you will be voting for....See the bigger picture, why not ask them their views and all you Shrimpers make sure you and your family vote.

What type of riff raff will be living in those flats?.....I mean I don't fancy watching the footy with a rave going on the top floor with TV's being launched out the window onto the pitch and fans.

What type of riff raff will be living in those flats?.....I mean I don't fancy watching the footy with a rave going on the top floor with TV's being launched out the window onto the pitch and fans.

The sort of people who pay more than £250,000 or rent those sort of flats won't be throwing TV's out of the window unless Southend lose on Sunday that is. Besides they wouldn't hit you because your normally on your sofa on match days.

I reckon you have two choices there mrsb; buy one of those flats (think of the view, no smoking bans etc), or boycott the stadium on your point of principle. We'll back you what ever you choose.:thumbsup:

I think 'MrsBlue' was posting tongue in cheek, in truth.

Still, the stadium flats is an interesting one. Would they be good sellers, or not.

They are hardly in a great position, there. Nothing is easily walkable and Sutton Road/Priory Crescent can be a nightmare, at times.

Still, the stadium flats is an interesting one. Would they be good sellers, or not.

They are hardly in a great position, there. Nothing is easily walkable and Sutton Road/Priory Crescent can be a nightmare, at times.

It seems wherever they build flats they sell.

Football stadiums with bolt on flats is a no no IMO ...being serious what would happen in the event of fire in one of those flats on match day.

Idea : Maybe the players should be housed in them!

What and have Nile 'The Raver' Ranger keeping them up all night. Unless of course we extend the job description of BH and GC and have them living there as baby sitters.

Football stadiums with bolt on flats is a no no IMO ...being serious what would happen in the event of fire in one of those flats on match day.

The game would carry on whilst the Firebrigade deal with it.

I'm sure that appropriate health and safety would be taken into consideration. It will probably be safer than roots hall!

The game would carry on whilst the Firebrigade deal with it.

I can see it now....Coxy just about to take a pen when "blue watch" run onto the pitch with their large hoses out and they are all shouting "guv guv".

Fans are ordered to seek refuge inside Ron's wallet,whilst the players are ordered to lay a few bricks on the main stand.

Back