• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Okay then, so with no Sainsburys / other site buyer then just how was the stadium supposed to built / delivered in the eyes of the council??

At the time it was meant to be built and delivered with Sainsbury. They dropped out after both planning applications were submitted and agreed.

In the eyes of the council Sainsbury were funding it.

I think the quote on rivaling the Festival Leisure Park is a Journalist one, but it's ironic since the FLP is popular as it's out of town and relatively easy to get to and to park in (for free).

Corrupt? Oooh, surely not.... Though incompetence, ineptness, wastefulness of resources, and an inherent self-serving attitude rather than take notice of the needs of / and provide for local residents....erm, yes most definitely..

SBC must hold top ranking when it comes to white elephants. The high street has been on a steady decline for years, that's not due to any proposed FFS development whatsoever, yet SBC have done zilch about it. Roads in and around town are getting ever more congested, not aided by umpteen added sets of traffic-lights. How all these extra visitors (yeh, as if) are supposed to gain easy access / parking to a Seaway development is totally unexplained.

As for Mr Deacon and his claim of "extensive traffic studies" - well, either he's deluded or speaketh with forked tongue. Sad to say though it's just the sort of scheme that SBC has so readily endorsed over many years. Anyone think of anywhere that provides 'a great deal of capacity in the town" ?

He said: “Extensive traffic studies and car parking surveys in the town centre clearly show a great deal of capacity in the town, particularly south of the railway line. Even on the sunniest days there is still car park capacity in the town. This is about getting to the right parking space. They are all within close walking distance.

At the time it was meant to be built and delivered with Sainsbury. They dropped out after both planning applications were submitted and agreed.

In the eyes of the council Sainsbury were funding it.

Precisely, so with no Sainsburys still in place then surely SBC would see it couldn't be built....yes ? Or are they really that stupid?

Precisely, so with no Sainsburys still in place then surely SBC would see it couldn't be built....yes ? Or are they really that stupid?

Im not actually sure what you are saying. Are you talking about the current application?

If so we have British Land as a partner instead and the plan has changed to supposedly account for it.

So back when the last two applications were made Sainsbury were funding it, and now British Land are.

Not sure what your point is.

Im not actually sure what you are saying. Are you talking about the current application?

If so we have British Land as a partner instead and the plan has changed to supposedly account for it.

So back when the last two applications were made Sainsbury were funding it, and now British Land are.

Not sure what your point is.

AS I can't spell it out any easier for you, sorry you don't get it.....never mind.

AS I can't spell it out any easier for you, sorry you don't get it.....never mind.

I certainly dont get the point you were trying to make

We had funding when we had it approved previously.

We have funding from another party now.

So either way at the time of the applications there was funding. Not sure how thats the councils fault.

Eh?

What duties are in conflict?

I think the point is that for one of the applications SBC are the landowner (Seaway Car Park) and therefore will benefit from the uplift in land value from the development, for the other (Fossetts Farm) they have no beneficial interest in the land. Therefore if you can only give planning permission for one or the other there might be pressure put on planning committee members by their party leadership to push it through.

My view is however that they'll probably ending giving planning permission to both and will let the market decide how many cinemas the town can sustain.

Can someone help me out. I'm not au fait with the importance of Borough plans and definitely confused regarding how they affect FF and RH. Am I correct in thinking that neither FF or RH are included in the plan and if so going forwards. does that hamper both developments?

Think the Central Area Action plan area doesn't include FF anyway. But yes it would seem Roots Hall is not one of the areas mentioned. It may just make it trickier to gain planning permission if the site is not earmarked in the plan as a potential development site. But it shouldn't make it impossible.

I certainly dont get the point you were trying to make

We had funding when we had it approved previously.

We have funding from another party now.

So either way at the time of the applications there was funding. Not sure how thats the councils fault.

Never mind...

My view is however that they'll probably ending giving planning permission to both and will let the market decide how many cinemas the town can sustain.

Seriously, have you visited the Odeon in town? If I had the choice of going there or to one of two all singing all dancing new multi screen cinemas then they would win every time. I can't see the Odeon remaining in the town centre, maybe they are looking to move to Fossetts? That would then solve the dilemma and both scenarios would work.

over a month since submission date - plans still don't seem to be online :sad:

Why am I not surprised. The cynic in me thinks that the fancy-fence at FF and the street art at RH were just ruses to apply pressure to Council before Seaway and the Borough plan are finalised.

That did cross my mind.

Either the plans have been submitted or not, and if not surely that would have come out by now though?

The fancy fence at foossetts farm is not correct .The fancy fence is on the Rochford boarder and has nothing what so ever to do with Southend council . it is for Rochford council to agree planning .And from what ive read that is for the training ground and had already got councils approval .

Correct me if I am wrong but don't we need to sort that training ground first anyway? As the stadium will be built on B&L. So would make complete sense starting the training ground if true.

The fancy fence at foossetts farm is not correct .The fancy fence is on the Rochford boarder and has nothing what so ever to do with Southend council . it is for Rochford council to agree planning .And from what ive read that is for the training ground and had already got councils approval .

Wherever the fence is the point stands, is it a sign of progress, or just a desperate attempt to give the impression there is progress in light of the seaway project gathering momentum.

If Seaway gets agreed it is going to be a massive blow to Fossetts.

I just has a quick exchange of e-mails with the planning consultant. Sounds like there were a couple of minor issues with the planning application which stopped it from being registered and, in her words, "we expect registration any day soon".

Back