• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Devon Blue

National League Connoisseur
I won't be in Essex at the time of either game so how can I watch or listen to either game, is it possible on DAB or online?

BBC ESSEX frequencies are on medium wave, 729 kHz in north east Essex, 1530 kHz in the Southend area and 765 kHz everywhere else. On FM, tune in to 95.3 MHz in South Essex and 103.5 MHz elsewhere. on DAB, on multiplex 12D.
So it looks like 765 medium wave for you. I have done it when outside Essex. The sound isn't great on medium wave, but it's better than nothing.

Phone friend in Essex and have them put phone near the radio . Very low tech but works well, have done this many times

BBC Essex is also on Freeview Channel 734 but they've only had Col U commentaries on when I've tried it. I can pick up 765 and 1530 on Kent/Sussex coastal border in the daytime. I've also picked up 765 when I lived near Milton Keynes. For some reason it's been clearer on my car radio. Paul Clark is always a good listen as summariser.

BBC Essex is also on Freeview Channel 734 but they've only had Col U commentaries on when I've tried it.

Good point and, as Col U won't be playing, there's a chance that our match could be on.

AFAIK, because BBC Essex supply the commentary for Blues Player, they're not allowed to broadcast SUFC commentary on the internet or via satellite TV.

Outside of Essex, you'll have to play for BluesPlayer. Good luck with that. :stunned:

The Freeview channels are regional. Up here in Lincolnshire, I only get East Midlands BBC local radio stations on Freeview - Channel 734 here is BBC Radio Northampton. 765 on Medium Wave is probably the best bet but BBC Essex does get cross-channel interference from a Dutch(?) radio station which overpowers it pretty much totally later in the day here.

The Freeview channels are regional. Up here in Lincolnshire, I only get East Midlands BBC local radio stations on Freeview - Channel 734 here is BBC Radio Northampton. 765 on Medium Wave is probably the best bet but BBC Essex does get cross-channel interference from a Dutch(?) radio station which overpowers it pretty much totally later in the day here.

From Southend to Sleaford! That's one hell of a culture shock.

I moved from Southend to Spalding about 15 years ago. Not sure I've seen a hill since!

I've tried all sorts of approaches to being able to obtain access to the match commentary online/DAB/Freeview but have had no success with any of them up here in West Suffolk.

Interestingly I found last weekend that I can now pick up BBC Essex clearly on 765 MW on my car radio sitting on my front drive. I couldn't previously so perhaps the signal is now stronger.

Is Blues Player reliable now? I know there were problems with it in the past. Is it about £5 per month?

This is where SKY are missing a trick, here.

They could make all of Sunday's matches PPV on the red button, with no sound commentary, just the cameras and the crowd.

Thanks for all your help! Looks like I'll have to go and buy a lil radio :stunned: (uni student) or if it is being streamed then I'd like to know where please :)

Apologies as I'm sure this will be on another thread but are there any overseas options to listening in?

This is where SKY are missing a trick, here.

They could make all of Sunday's matches PPV on the red button, with no sound commentary, just the cameras and the crowd.

They cant do that though because it would impact attendances.

Guys, it's not being streamed. WoodhamShrimper is on the wind up again. As I said before, your best bet is 95.3 or 103.5 FM if inside or close to Essex. 765 MW other areas.

Back