• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hmmmm trying to think.
Let's try promotion x 3.
League 1 Champions - only time.
3 x Millennium Stadium
Beating Manchester United
First Wembley Final
That day at Wembley in Play-Off Final

....non stop optimism and promises Re a new stadium.
Far from perfect but some fabulous drama.

Don't forget League One family club of the year as well.

I know I never will because I have a tattoo to remind me.

Ron could be the most important chairman since the Trigg meister and leave a legacy for the future of the club we all love.His reign will show lows where his personal business survival came before the club .If he pulls Fossetts off and leaves the club in its strongest ever position the ride we've had will be worth it for the destination.......However till that first shovel of earth is moved!!!!!

In the list of chairmen we've had, I'd put him nearer the top.

Mind you, that list is like a Crimewatch Rogues Gallery!

For those who have screamed for Ron to go and some unknown investor to take over our football club - I shall refer you to Leyton Orient F.C.

In the list of chairmen we've had, I'd put him nearer the top.

Mind you, that list is like a Crimewatch Rogues Gallery!

Indeed my personal favourite was Anton Johnson who not only used to steal from the club but broke the FA rules at the time by owning Rotherham and Bournemouth at one stage. I believe Rotherham nearly went bust at the same time as us. Who would have thought that a man with a white Rolls Royce and a full length fur coat with obligatory large Cuban cigar would behave in such a fashion :stunned:

So without cheating can anyone name me the London club that Johnson wanted to us to ground share RH with?

I thought it was Tara Brady that worked to reduce our loses?

He has always backed managed, imagine were we would be if we had a manager sacked every six months like many other club. Players contracts is were his most improved. Okay we lost Worrall on a free, and I still question the length of Fortune and Robinson. But extension clauses have been used wisely on the majority.

The planning application should be available to publicly view on the Planning Portal for Southend Council. The access seems to be down at the moment, but once it's working I'll post a link to clear up the 3-sided question. I think the project as a whole would generate equal to or more than Roots Hall even if it did have 3-sides.

All in all, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

Back