• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Picking a Constituency

maninasuitcase

President
Are there any rules about who can stand where other than paying your deposit?

I know that people can be parachuted into constituencies to win safe seats, but it seems odd that say Paul Nuttal can contest Stoke and now Boston within in a few months.

Are there any rules about living in the area an MP represents?

As far as I'm aware there isn't any rules regarding this. As you probably know, many have stood in different parts of the country (I heard it described as character building when standing in a unwinnale seat) As Nuttal is UKIP's party leader, he can pretty much cherry pick where he wants to stand. UKIP have a policy of renting a house in the area to use as a mailing address and residence for the candidate. I would assume other parties do the same.

Screaming Lord Sutch used to stand in every bye-election going back before the other idiots jumped on the bandwagon so I doubt Nuttal is breaking any rules, just wasting his money.

Did Sir Teddy Taylor even live in the area when he was elected for Southend East? I'm not sure he did but he went on to be one of the town's best ever MPs.

Did Sir Teddy Taylor even live in the area when he was elected for Southend East? I'm not sure he did but he went on to be one of the town's best ever MPs.

You can still see Teddy sitting in the directors box on quite a few home games. Looking old physically but still very sharp mentally, especially on the EU and trade figures. He is still fiercly Brexit.

You can still see Teddy sitting in the directors box on quite a few home games. Looking old physically but still very sharp mentally, especially on the EU and trade figures. He is still fiercly Brexit.

He's an honorary member of the Trust and usually comes along to our AGMs, lovely fella.

I'd imagine not. It was a bit of a surprise when he lost his seat in the 1979 election (despite being a Tory in Glasgow) and I think he was always going to be one of the first cabs off the rank for a safe seat thereafter, regardless of where it was.

Back