• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rumours of us being linked via twitter with Dom Thomas of motherwell. 21 year old winger

I saw that too, but it was tweeted by one of those fake news football sites and refuted by a respected local journalist, so I think we can probably discount that.

45 pages and not one single signing or any hint that one is imminent. Is PB setting his sights too high in the class of player or are we just such an unattractive option?

Its more than likely that players who are top end league 1 or championship players will not want to play for us, unless we pay big wages. I'm all for having a smaller squad on higher wages , but if one or two of those don't work out , you are left feeling it on a match day.

Id love to see kightly back at roots hall on a 1 year deal with an option on high wages. You know what you will get and it would be fitting to see him back with us. If we could sign a commanding centre half with championship/premier experience in the same mould as Ferdinand , I don't think we would be far away from a play off first 11. The worry is that injuries and suspensions would leave us down to the bare bones.

Surely we have to make a signing soon...........right?

45 pages and not one single signing or any hint that one is imminent. Is PB setting his sights too high in the class of player or are we just such an unattractive option?

Its more than likely that players who are top end league 1 or championship players will not want to play for us, unless we pay big wages. I'm all for having a smaller squad on higher wages , but if one or two of those don't work out , you are left feeling it on a match day.

Id love to see kightly back at roots hall on a 1 year deal with an option on high wages. You know what you will get and it would be fitting to see him back with us. If we could sign a commanding centre half with championship/premier experience in the same mould as Ferdinand , I don't think we would be far away from a play off first 11. The worry is that injuries and suspensions would leave us down to the bare bones.

Surely we have to make a signing soon...........right?
Season starts in 6 weeks, so I bloody hope so!

Good news is that Southend are very close to a signing. The bad news is that Southend are off to Malaga for 8 days before the start of the season, so they better get a move on with other signings.

I saw that too, but it was tweeted by one of those fake news football sites and refuted by a respected local journalist, so I think we can probably discount that.

Yeah, definitely put that one to bed

Yeah, definitely put that one to bed

Well not quite- it doesn't actually say the transfer rumour is false just that he wasn't in Southend for a medical yesterday- would have been clearer if he'd added 'or any approach'

I guess the only positive is that every passing week means certain players get a little more worried about the coming season... Once the contract expires and the pay cheques stop coming in then all of a sudden Southend will look like an appealing move!

Do people think the decision makers at the club just sit around not bothering to make any moves in the transfer market? Like they've forgotten or something.

We're not going through our annual rebuild this year. We need a handful of players and I'm sure they will be signed eventually. There's literally hundreds of **** footballers unemployed today if you just want to sign anyone.

Can't you kick back and enjoy the nice weather? Watch a bit of cricket? Have a pint? Seems a lot of stress and hyperbole so far ahead of the first game.

Do people think the decision makers at the club just sit around not bothering to make any moves in the transfer market? Like they've forgotten or something.

We're not going through our annual rebuild this year. We need a handful of players and I'm sure they will be signed eventually. There's literally hundreds of **** footballers unemployed today if you just want to sign anyone.

Can't you kick back and enjoy the nice weather? Watch a bit of cricket? Have a pint? Seems a lot of stress and hyperbole so far ahead of the first game.

Please don't use this common sense approach on here. Its not welcome.

And do you not realise that certain fans are far superior to you and literally spend all day refreshing the screen waiting for exciting signing news to tell our long suffering partners , who have no interest in football and are more than likely playing away.

Players are under contract until 30th June so once that date comes and goes and the money stops coming in, they will be a lot keener to commit their futures.

Players are under contract until 30th June so once that date comes and goes and the money stops coming in, they will be a lot keener to commit their futures.

And if they are still unemployed on 31st July the agreement with the PFA is that they earn one more months wages from their old club so for players moving down the pyramid there's no incentive to sign until August.

Why are people complaining about lack of signings. Weve had another today sign up.....youth is the way forward :winking:

And if they are still unemployed on 31st July the agreement with the PFA is that they earn one more months wages from their old club so for players moving down the pyramid there's no incentive to sign until August.

I didn't know that ............... interesting.

Back