• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Personally i think its a shame they cannot continue with Blues Player -- anyone who has forked out the very good value £34 for a whole season would enjoy the extended highlights of all our matches ( 10 or 11 minutes worth ) , usually available the next day , as well as all the interviews + archive of all matches from years back ....

I do worry that not only will we lose this service ( unless you now want to stump up over £100 ) , but via the moody overseas servers, some local floating fans will now watch on tv at home live rather than going to the match and cheering on the team.

I doubt anyone that lives local that can't be bothered to go to the game, will bother sitting at home finding a dodgy VPN stream of a match with one camera view and no commentary.

I can't wait for this to start TBH. Will make a big difference to my Saturday night and will trump listen to that Turnip "Clarky"

I'm sure the regular illegal sources will have a field day with these sources. It wouldn't stop me going but it does mean that I may be able to watch away games I won't be going to.

A good idea would be to offer am away games account for tv for season card holders for say am additional £75.

I'm sure the regular illegal sources will have a field day with these sources. It wouldn't stop me going but it does mean that I may be able to watch away games I won't be going to.

A good idea would be to offer am away games account for tv for season card holders for say am additional £75.

That wouldn't be a good idea....as it would reduce away attendance....a match without away fans is naff.

The best idea is for those in the U.K. to go games as you always have and miss some away and listen in the radio.

Those unfortunate enough to live outside the greatest country in the world...get to watch all the games.

That wouldn't be a good idea....as it would reduce away attendance....a match without away fans is naff.

The best idea is for those in the U.K. to go games as you always have and miss some away and listen in the radio.

Those unfortunate enough to live outside the greatest country in the world...get to watch all the games.

Yeah my mistake. People will just stream illegally for FREE.

I don't get to many away games these days as i work shifts and have a baby at home. But I would like the opportunity to watch the blues away. I'd happily pay for the privilege. Doesn't mean I'd prefer that over live games.

It may even drive the cost of football down.

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/ne...latform-ifollow-unveiled-for-global-efl-fans/

Looks like it's gonna cost 130 quid for the live streaming service.:sad:

Still there's a week's free trial.:thumbsup:

£110, and thats for 46 games, so £2.30 a game.

Thats decent value.

I understand why the offer it to overseas customers, however the logic is completely flawed.

Most football fans dont go to away games so overseas fans who never put a penny into their clubs turnstiles getting something regular visitors wont be eligible isnt impressive.

I never do away games so me watching away games streamed would only benefit the club financially.

However the problem is I cant see how they can realistically offer it as a service domestically, but it will lead to illegal streams anyway.

Its a great offer though, I would sign up for the away games alone and its a shame there isnt an offer to allow supporters to watch away games only. It would affect away attendances, but they arent huge anyway.

What does "as live" mean? Just a recording of the game?

Subscribers in the UK and Ireland will be able to watch the full game 'as live' as part of the service next season, so a good time as any to sign up.

Last edited:
£110, and thats for 46 games, so £2.30 a game.

Thats decent value.

I understand why the offer it to overseas customers, however the logic is completely flawed.

Most football fans dont go to away games so overseas fans who never put a penny into their clubs turnstiles getting something regular visitors wont be eligible isnt impressive.

I never do away games so me watching away games streamed would only benefit the club financially.

However the problem is I cant see how they can realistically offer it as a service domestically, but it will lead to illegal streams anyway.

Its a great offer though, I would sign up for the away games alone and its a shame there isnt an offer to allow supporters to watch away games only. It would affect away attendances, but they arent huge anyway.

What does "as live" mean? Just a recording of the game?

Right you are.I signed up yesterday and misread the 130 euros for pounds at first.

Not offering this to UK fans isn't anything to do with the impact on attendances - it's purely because Sky own the broadcast rights to the Football League and the package that they signed including online distribution of highlights and live games. That's why Ireland is also excluded, because Sky's contract with the League covers ROI.

Not offering this to UK fans isn't anything to do with the impact on attendances - it's purely because Sky own the broadcast rights to the Football League and the package that they signed including online distribution of highlights and live games. That's why Ireland is also excluded, because Sky's contract with the League covers ROI.

Ah didnt realise that but even if Sky didnt have the rights they still wouldnt offer this to the UK for all 46 games because of attendances, same as Sky cant do now.

Would be nice to be able to watch the away games though.

I'm sure it will be available via various illegal sites.

As someone who can't get to away games very often it will be decent to kick back and stream it on the telly.

Depends really, you can watch any premiership game streamed, but I wonder how many people will be streaming games from league one and two, especially if they have to pay for the stream themselves.

Ill be convincing my brother in OZ to subscribe for sure :smile:

It's AU$175 for a season pass.

It's a no brainier for me I'll be signing up so i can fall asleep after about 10 minutes of the start of the game.

Here in Oz if you want to watch the premiershite it costs you big bucks through a telephone company. A mate of mine worked out it cost him nearly $600 for the season.

All he done was whinge about the coverage as it was delayed 90 seconds so he got messages from his mates saying there was a score before he even got to see it. Will be interesting to see how much of a delay there will be on this player!

I'm in oz, you can try hdsubs it gives you live and 7 day catchup on all sports channels, there's no way I'd be subscribing to optus floptus, we can't even get a decent mobile signal with them and live 20 minutes from Perth CBD

Last edited:
It costs about $45AUD month, or less if you take 6 monthly or yearly subs, and there's a 3 day trial to see if it streams OK before you buy

Back