• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nice picture of Adam B , celebrating a trophy win where Maher was Captain !

I can't help feel they should have had selections from eras rather than just the top 5, younger people are obviously going to go for the most recent ones - as said, missing out the earlier part of our history.

This has turned out a bit like the Blues 'Legends' Lounge where half the photo's on the wall are players who I'm not sure can really be classed as Legends... Good players and popular players but not Legends.

Or put another way, there are real Legends who are not included.... at least from my memory (which isn't great).

I agree with the 5 chosen as I'm old enough and luck enough to have seen them all play.

I can't see why we can't put those 5 on one wall and more names up to fill the spaces around the other walls. Nothing wrong with a picture and some info on someone who died before we were born because its good to remind both players and supporters how important Football clubs really are and what they mean to a town over the decades. Plus we all have our own favourites from our youth (Moody and Cusack) in my case.

I often go in lounges on away days and even for away fans its good to be reminded of who played for that club.....Even if you hated them back in the late 70's.

I often go in lounges on away days and even for away fans its good to be reminded of who played for that club.....Even if you hated them back in the late 70's.

Agreed - I was at a 40th birthday party last year held at a lounge at Swindon's County Ground. Great fun looking at all the old pictures on the wall and around the bar. There was a massive photo of Jan Age Fjortoft on the toilet door!

All told, this is a good initiative by the club and I'm sure there will be plenty of scope for it grow. Although of course we'll be out of Roots Hall within a year or two so...

Back