• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'd rather he went for free next summer than him go to Millwall. I would hope that Lenny would turn down a move to the scum considering the affection he has with our fans and how this would affect us as supporters...

TBH, I would like the club to keep him full stop, regardless of what is offered - if the club aspirations of promotion to Championship then he needs to stay. The increased revenue of promotion would far outweigh any realistic sum we will get for him,

Then again, Maybe he wants to leave, who knows?

Wouldnt affect me at all.

Only club Id hate seeing him go to would be Colchester, other than that not fussed.

It's looking pretty much certain that Lenny will move on to another club. I'm assuming it will be at Championship level otherwise there's no point in him leaving. Sheffield Fans seem to think it's a done deal that he goes to them but not at any price. If TSNB is correct about a revised offer which Ron has turned down, then they will not be back again according to their forum. I actually think that Wilder will bid again as he seems pretty determined to get Lenny (I can't blame him for that either).

Not a done deal if they cant even agree a price though :smile:

Ron Martin has said that he has a valuation of the player.

I wonder what that valuation is?

My guess is 750k but if anyone offers 600k then I'd say it would test our reaolve.

We should be asking for £1.25-£1.5m at least right now

If he was under 24 then I'd agree, the reality is he's 25 with just one year left. Around £500k would be fair provided we negotiate a decent sell-on % (which is why we can't really afford to let Lenny run down his contract, that sell-on could be worth a lot of money in the future).

Like I'm sure Ronald would be delighted with 750k and a 20% sell on. In reality we will settle for 500k and 15%

We got that for Bentley who went for more due tbeing a keeper and had more potential.

Never going to get that for Leonard.

500k would be a decent amount, I would love to be proven wrong though.

I'd definitely miss Leonard, I appreciate his work rate, but he isn't everything. There are other players we'd miss more. Yes, he does a lot of hard work, but for a midfielder, he doesn't score anywhere near the amount of goals that he should do. He will definitely be going, don't think there's much doubt about that. I think if we get £400,000+, that would be about right.

Honestly? Goodness, I can't believe some of the figures people are just plucking out of thin air here!

We don't want or need to sell him hence why you would say you want an amount like that. If we get a replacement or he wants to go then you lower it.

He may, and I could be wrong , turn a move down anyway and play for a better deal next season. He's fitted in locally and enjoys it down here so a season may for him, be no hardship !

He may, and I could be wrong , turn a move down anyway and play for a better deal next season. He's fitted in locally and enjoys it down here so a season may for him, be no hardship !

I would love you to be right, but if a Championship club comes along and says 'we really rate you and want you to play for us in the Championship. Not only that but we will give you a 2/3 year contract and double your wages'. I know what I would say if that was offered to me, and I would be amazed if Lenny felt any differently.

Last edited:
I believe last season was the first in a while we didn't lose our player of the year .Lets all hope this season will be the second time it happens by the same player .

Am I right that I read that Ryan had agreed to put pen to paper for his 1 year contract .So if this is true he must be happy to give it one more shot at promotion with the club .So if so maybe he does not want to go up north .

Am I right that I read that Ryan had agreed to put pen to paper for his 1 year contract .So if this is true he must be happy to give it one more shot at promotion with the club .So if so maybe he does not want to go up north .

It was the club who triggered the extra year's contract, not Leonard. He had no say as it was written into his last contract that we held the option of extending it to a fourth year.

It was the club who triggered the extra year's contract, not Leonard. He had no say as it was written into his last contract that we held the option of extending it to a fourth year.

Yep, as Lincoln Shrimp says, our former CEO was obviously pretty adept at contract management, hence the number of activated contract extensions. Lenny's was one of those.

Yep, as Lincoln Shrimp says, our former CEO was obviously pretty adept at contract management, hence the number of activated contract extensions. Lenny's was one of those.
Maybe we should have had it written into his contract that we had a further years option on him ?!!

Sheff Utd definitely..... Bolton and Millwall rumoured.
Would say Millwall are one of the other two as NH has been telling people recently that he's keen to sign Ryan this summer. Maybe the other club is Bolton and they're offering us Dervite as part of the deal!!:unsure: :winking:

Back