• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Town plans could put stadium in jeopardy

I'm told the council should be making a decision in the next week or so. If Ron gets the go ahead then things should start fairly quickly. I'm also told we will building 4 sides rather than the 3 sides with the main stand to come later option. The other 'rumour' is there is some Yank interested in the project......mmmmmm

If they're making a decision soon it will be in the agenda for the next meeting. What is the date of the council meeting where they will be deciding this?

EDIT - I see the next meeting of the Development Control Committee is Wednesday 13th. However, I believe this falls before the end of the mandatory 16-week consultation period which means I can't see how they can possibly decide this before October at the earliest - even then it will have to go to Full Council due to the size of the application.

Unless I have missed something?

If they're making a decision soon it will be in the agenda for the next meeting. What is the date of the council meeting where they will be deciding this?

EDIT - I see the next meeting of the Development Control Committee is Wednesday 13th. However, I believe this falls before the end of the mandatory 16-week consultation period which means I can't see how they can possibly decide this before October at the earliest - even then it will have to go to Full Council due to the size of the application.

I'd does seem fairly quick but Rigbsy does tend to be in the know. Fingers and toes crossed as a positive outcome will breath new life into the club.

As I said earlier it also goes against what the plans submitted were for so would be a big surprise if it were to be true. A very pleasant one though which would actually get me excited about the stadium for the first time in a long while.

didn't plans go in as said at the agm on the next day Friday or Monday 2nd may= 16 weeks ?

didn't plans go in as said at the agm on the next day Friday or Monday 2nd may= 16 weeks ?

They did but they weren't validated until June. The 16-week consultation starts when they are validated.

These are the 'Important Dates' for Application: 17/00436/FUL as stated on Rochford Council website:

Date Application Received:01/05/2017
Date Application Validated:27/06/2017
Target Determination Date:26/09/2017
Actual Committee Date:No details
Neighbourhood Consultations sent on:11/07/2017
Expiry Date for Neighbour Consultations:01/08/2017
Standard Consultations sent on:09/08/2017
Expiry Date for Standard Consultations:30/08/2017
Last advertised on:07/07/2017
Expiry Date for Latest Advertisement:
Latest Site Notice posted on:10/07/2017
Expiry Date for latest site notice:31/07/2017
Overall Expiry Date:30/08/2017
Date Decision Made:No details
Date Decision Issued:No details
Permission Expiry Date:No details
Date Decision Printed:No details

These are the 'Important Dates' for Application: 17/00436/FUL as stated on Rochford Council website:

Date Application Received:01/05/2017
Date Application Validated:27/06/2017
Target Determination Date:26/09/2017
Actual Committee Date:No details
Neighbourhood Consultations sent on:11/07/2017
Expiry Date for Neighbour Consultations:01/08/2017
Standard Consultations sent on:09/08/2017
Expiry Date for Standard Consultations:30/08/2017
Last advertised on:07/07/2017
Expiry Date for Latest Advertisement:
Latest Site Notice posted on:10/07/2017
Expiry Date for latest site notice:31/07/2017
Overall Expiry Date:30/08/2017
Date Decision Made:No details
Date Decision Issued:No details
Permission Expiry Date:No details
Date Decision Printed:No details

So does that mean on the 26th we will get a yes or no?

As expected it doesn't seem to be on the agenda for this week's meeting of the Development Control Committee. Maybe next month.

I believe the 16 week consultation on the plans expires on 26th September. The score on the comments count is 100 objections against 119 in support. Those who still are thinking of writing letters/emails of support please send them as soon as possible as the negative comments have increased substantially over the last few weeks.

When the original plans were agreed it took a long time to get them agreed in the council meetings.

Even if the consultation ends on the 26th surely there will be a similar process for this one ?

Not sure how the council were rumoured to have been making a decision prior to any of this happening.

When the original plans were agreed it took a long time to get them agreed in the council meetings.

Even if the consultation ends on the 26th surely there will be a similar process for this one ?

Not sure how the council were rumoured to have been making a decision prior to any of this happening.

Aren't the town planners (or whatever they call themselves) supposed to offer an opinion to the planning committee, and then the planning committee make a decision which is then either ratified or not by the full council? I think there's a long way to go yet.

What would be really useful is if SUFC could make a CGI video for us all to watch. Something that might whet the appetite and get people writing in to support the stadium...

Aren't the town planners (or whatever they call themselves) supposed to offer an opinion to the planning committee, and then the planning committee make a decision which is then either ratified or not by the full council? I think there's a long way to go yet.

What would be really useful is if SUFC could make a CGI video for us all to watch. Something that might whet the appetite and get people writing in to support the stadium...

Officers recommend a course of action (approval/refusal etc) for councillors in advance of the meeting. But at the end of the day, it's up to councillors whether to take or ignore this advice.

Officers recommend a course of action (approval/refusal etc) for councillors in advance of the meeting. But at the end of the day, it's up to councillors whether to take or ignore this advice.

What I was saying is that there is a process that needs to be followed. Last time around we knew in advance that the planning committee had recommended the council approve the plans (based on the town planners advice). As far as I'm aware the planning committee haven't made such a recommendation, implying to me that they haven't even considered it yet. If I'm right (which isn't necessarily the case) then we're a long way off knowing the outcome.

Back