Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Town plans could put stadium in jeopardy

I believe the 16 week consultation on the plans expires on 26th September. The score on the comments count is 100 objections against 119 in support. Those who still are thinking of writing letters/emails of support please send them as soon as possible as the negative comments have increased substantially over the last few weeks.

When the original plans were agreed it took a long time to get them agreed in the council meetings.

Even if the consultation ends on the 26th surely there will be a similar process for this one ?

Not sure how the council were rumoured to have been making a decision prior to any of this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam_Man View Post
    When the original plans were agreed it took a long time to get them agreed in the council meetings.

Even if the consultation ends on the 26th surely there will be a similar process for this one ?

Not sure how the council were rumoured to have been making a decision prior to any of this happening.
    Aren't the town planners (or whatever they call themselves) supposed to offer an opinion to the planning committee, and then the planning committee make a decision which is then either ratified or not by the full council? I think there's a long way to go yet.

What would be really useful is if SUFC could make a CGI video for us all to watch. Something that might whet the appetite and get people writing in to support the stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by londonblue View Post
    Aren't the town planners (or whatever they call themselves) supposed to offer an opinion to the planning committee, and then the planning committee make a decision which is then either ratified or not by the full council? I think there's a long way to go yet.

What would be really useful is if SUFC could make a CGI video for us all to watch. Something that might whet the appetite and get people writing in to support the stadium...
    Officers recommend a course of action (approval/refusal etc) for councillors in advance of the meeting. But at the end of the day, it's up to councillors whether to take or ignore this advice.

Buy All At Sea online

@allatseafanzine

All At Sea, as seen in the Sun, the Southend Echo, the Guardian and FourFourTwo magazine.
    Contribute: allatseafanzine@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jai View Post
    Officers recommend a course of action (approval/refusal etc) for councillors in advance of the meeting. But at the end of the day, it's up to councillors whether to take or ignore this advice.
    What I was saying is that there is a process that needs to be followed. Last time around we knew in advance that the planning committee had recommended the council approve the plans (based on the town planners advice). As far as I'm aware the planning committee haven't made such a recommendation, implying to me that they haven't even considered it yet. If I'm right (which isn't necessarily the case) then we're a long way off knowing the outcome.