Likes Likes:  22

Thread: My son the hero

Default My son the hero

Proud dad moment. If any of you follow Essex county fire and rescue service on Facebook, you may have seen the below:

We are super proud of Southend Fire Cadet Taylor Endell who put his first aid training into practice last week when we came across a road traffic collision with an injured motorcyclist.

Well done Taylor!

Read Taylor's story here: http://www.essex-fire.gov.uk/news/He...nt_assistance/

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Well done Taylor, proud Dad moment right there!

What a hero! I bet you were beaming from ear to ear when you read and heard that. Sounds like a career in the emergency services is suited for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    What a hero! I bet you were beaming from ear to ear when you read and heard that. Sounds like a career in the emergency services is suited for him.
    He wants to be a fire fighter. Hopefully a few years at Fire Cadets will help him get to where he wants to be

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davewebbsbrain View Post
    He wants to be a fire fighter. Hopefully a few years at Fire Cadets will help him get to where he wants to be
    If memory serves me correctly, Ricey used to do a bit of fire fighting himself, might be able to point Taylor in the right direction for his future career!

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueLady View Post
    If memory serves me correctly, Ricey used to do a bit of fire fighting himself, might be able to point Taylor in the right direction for his future career!
    Matt was a firefighter at Southend Airport, not sure they are governed by the proper fire brigade

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueLady View Post
    I did indeed, the less desirable aviation variety but the principles are the same and the danger is there.

Great to see Taylor's heroics have now made the evening echo:

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/1530...ured_in_crash/

Quote Originally Posted by mattitouk View Post
    Great to see Taylor's heroics have now made the evening echo:

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/1530...ured_in_crash/

They came to the fire station on Thursday to do a little article. It's also on page 17 of today's Echo, taken up 4 columns. Tinks told me about it earlier today. Taylor is over the moon with the coverage he is getting and it's also good publicity for the Fire Cadets and the good work the Brigade do with youngsters

Again well done to Taylor, he has every right to be chuffed about he's actions, a true decent human being, and please share all of our positive comments, thoughts, and praise from all the lads (and ladies) on Shrimperzone.

Good work.