• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The High Street died long ago and the choice is poor cheap and diabolical with resident rough sleepers now lineing the jewel in towns crown ,do the council really believe anyone from outside the town will make a special trip to a cinema or chain restaurant that you can go to elsewhere a lot quicker is beyond me.Fossetts would at least enable the golden mile to be developed solely for tourism, and the town at least having a up to date facility to compete with other towns
Quelle surprise, the director of the company behind this is casting aspersions on Fossetts as being "harmful" to the High Street. This scheme will cause absolute chaos on the seafront with the loss of important parking.

Min the rare occasion I have been in the last 5 or so years there is barely anyone there and it has got so expensive! I remember about 10-15 years ago you could get bus there and back, cinema entry and a McDonald's all for about £10 now it's nearer £25-£30.

It's why I go to canvey. £3 admission and free parking

Shops at fossets farm wont kill of trade in southend .Take a good look at the high street mr councillor .The high street has been dead for years .And it wont change anything having a retail park at fossetts farm .

Remember ...Ron also has Roots Hall to redevelop. Housing...Southend Council love housing as it helps them meet their targets. No Fossetts...no housing. Seemplz

Head to Basildons Cineworld on Tuesday and using the self service kiosks select a cheap Tuesday ticket (about £5.90 from memory), then use a Meerkats Movies code to get it 2 for 1 and two can get in for less than the price of probably some large popcorn. Plenty left over for even a Burger King

Sadly you can't now use Meerkat vouchers on a Tuesday at the Basildon Cineworld, at least I couldn't when I tried a month ago... :sad:

THERE concerned about the loss of trade .Well BnQ moved out of town into fossetts way .And its allways busy when I go there .Also Waitrose are in fossetts way and that's allways packed in there .So Mr councillor .Trade has already walked away from your town .And that without the greyhound complex .that killed southend high street .

I think that some of the sea front traders will have their say about this as it will be building on car parking land and we all know the influence the Stockvale group has on the Local Authority.
Personally I would like to see a complex out of town for obvious reasons ie parking.
Strangely enough I was at the Civic yesterday and while waiting for a meeting a group of business men came down the lift holding boards and plans which from what I could make out (as I had my head on one side) it looked like some complex.
Have to say this has put a slight dampener on things for our development on FF

THERE concerned about the loss of trade .Well BnQ moved out of town into fossetts way .And its allways busy when I go there .Also Waitrose are in fossetts way and that's allways packed in there .So Mr councillor .Trade has already walked away from your town .And that without the greyhound complex .that killed southend high street .

I have to agree with you there Tommy, I met up with a friend this afternoon, who moved from Grays to Leigh On Sea back in early November of last year, she told me she has only been to Southend High street once since she first moved to the area, there's nothing there for her, she would rather shop in Leigh or shop at Lakeside when she pops back to see her mum in Grays.

Southend High street has been dead and buried for a long time, and the sooner the councilors wake up and realise this, the better for the whole town in general.

As others have said, The Fossets Farm development wouldn't damage the high street any further, as no one wants to shop there anyway, besides...... FF only has the large retail outlets that the high street couldn't support in terms of unit sizes. in the same way, that Basildon's Festival Leisure Park hasn't effected it's high street.

Mrs iloveshimp went shopping with her bestie in Southend High street last week, they both said it was rubbish and they would not be going back. I sometimes work just off the High Street and don't bother going there, it's tired boring and empty!

Southend Council need to realise that they are trying to close the stable door after the horse has bolted!

Back