• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wally4pm

Old Timer
What are your views on the new club website? It is clearly a basic model for all clubs with our own details put in to try to make it individual. Not overly impressed myself but as long as it works it will do me.

I notice that Sue Page is shown as a contact for the Commercial Department. Has she come back to the club (I sincerely hope so as she knew how to deal with supporters in a friendly and efficient way) or is it, as I suspect, an error by the club in not removing her details and updating them with current staff?

Am I to take it that BBC Essex will not be doing live commentaries this season? This will be a shame as it was always good to listen in at games that you can't attend.

As long as it is has a functioning fixtures page this season it'll be an improvement on last year's rubbish.

What are your views on the new club website? It is clearly a basic model for all clubs with our own details put in to try to make it individual. Not overly impressed myself but as long as it works it will do me.

I notice that Sue Page is shown as a contact for the Commercial Department. Has she come back to the club (I sincerely hope so as she knew how to deal with supporters in a friendly and efficient way) or is it, as I suspect, an error by the club in not removing her details and updating them with current staff?

Am I to take it that BBC Essex will not be doing live commentaries this season? This will be a shame as it was always good to listen in at games that you can't attend.

I think it looks OK. re BBC Essex- they will still be broadcasting live match commentaries (full details here)
http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?93188-Changes-to-Blues-Player/page3

I find it very unnerving how the picture of Anton Ferdinand with his hand raised moves towards you when you hover over it.

Layout is rubbish.

I have a big 27" high res monitor and still cant view anything on it. I want a lot of info on the screen, not one picture/headline taking up most of the screen.

sufc.jpg

Layout is rubbish.

I have a big 27" high res monitor and still cant view anything on it. I want a lot of info on the screen, not one picture/headline taking up most of the screen.

View attachment 4746

I agree. Unimpressive and the EFL have probably paid a small fortune for it.

"Opps, we couldn't find what you were looking for. Try adjusting your selection." is incidentally a poor response to get when you click on one of their links. Would be poor even if they could spell oops !

Yeah, i'm another one that's not at all impressed by it, "all gloss and no content" so to speak.

Utterly abysmal. I really thought that as it was being upgraded that at last we'd have a decent website. Nothing has changed however and all the old content is still there, advertising "upcoming" games on February 17th is far from acceptable following an overhaul is it?

Even bloody Canvey Island FC have a better website than Southend. Whoever made the decision to upgrade(?) would have been far better off finding out who designed their's and given them the gig instead. :thumbdown:

Yeah, i'm another one that's not at all impressed by it, "all gloss and no content" so to speak.

Utterly abysmal. I really thought that as it was being upgraded that at last we'd have a decent website. Nothing has changed however and all the old content is still there, advertising "upcoming" games on February 17th is far from acceptable following an overhaul is it?

Even bloody Canvey Island FC have a better website than Southend. Whoever made the decision to upgrade(?) would have been far better off finding out who designed their's and given them the gig instead. :thumbdown:

The "new website" provided is just a framework.

It is still down to the clubs to populate it so unless we are going to devote more, better resources to it, the content will not improve.

That wasn't Millwall was it?

I wonder if they ever shifted those tickets they were always advertising on the phone line.

Back