• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wasn't even on the bench for Bury's third defeat in a row. I can't find anything about any injuries just an article about being keen to make up for lost time, so I'm going to assume he was fit for selection. If so, perhaps the worst defence in the league and still can't get in the team. League Two beckons, I'm sure this wasn't the plan Adam.

Shame as he was doing so well with us, grass isn’t always greener and he should’ve stayed. Bet he regrets it!

Wasn't even on the bench for Bury's third defeat in a row. I can't find anything about any injuries just an article about being keen to make up for lost time, so I'm going to assume he was fit for selection. If so, perhaps the worst defence in the league and still can't get in the team. League Two beckons, I'm sure this wasn't the plan Adam.

He definitely was on the bench, he didn't come on though.

It's all gone pear for Adam. First of all he wasn't getting the game time at Bury, and lambasted after a heavy defeat by Lee Clarke who said his signing was a mistake after playing only 3 games. Then he gets loaned out and dropped and sent back early by Bradford, and now this. Sometimes it's not good to move when offered a bit more money.

It's all gone pear for Adam. First of all he wasn't getting the game time at Bury, and lambasted after a heavy defeat by Lee Clarke who said his signing was a mistake after playing only 3 games. Then he gets loaned out and dropped and sent back early by Bradford, and now this. Sometimes it's not good to move when offered a bit more money.

And he has lost his place in the Nothern Ireland squad

I’m going to throw it out there and say I would have him back here. Think the experience of Turner and Ferdinand would help him. He would be a better option at centre back than White IMO.

I’m going to throw it out there and say I would have him back here. Think the experience of Turner and Ferdinand would help him. He would be a better option at centre back than White IMO.

The game is all about opinions I guess but in terms of Adam Thompson my opinion has never changed. A League 2 player at best. Was no loss to us when he left and wouldn't be 5th choice here now.

I reckon he'll still find a League 1 club next season, Bury have been a shambles this season even when he wasn't playing and Bradford never really gave him a chance so I think there will be a club willing to believe the 2016/17 player is still in there.

The game is all about opinions I guess but in terms of Adam Thompson my opinion has never changed. A League 2 player at best. Was no loss to us when he left and wouldn't be 5th choice here now.

I think our initial struggles at the start of the season were due to not having Thompson or replacing him.

Have now seen the (o.g) and it's steered perfectly into the bottom corner!

That said, he had a good header at the other end virtually cleared off the line, so it wasn't his day. :thumbdown:

Yes, I would consider having Thommo back. Can't help saying that White has played very well this season on a number of occasions. Add in Turner and (perhaps) Kyps and we would have the 4 central defenders that a club needs - 2 at the lower age spectrum and 2 at the upper age spectrum.

Should life at Fleetwood not be suiting Bolger then there is another "old player" to add to the summer discussion ............

Yes, I would consider having Thommo back. Can't help saying that White has played very well this season on a number of occasions. Add in Turner and (perhaps) Kyps and we would have the 4 central defenders that a club needs - 2 at the lower age spectrum and 2 at the upper age spectrum.

Should life at Fleetwood not be suiting Bolger then there is another "old player" to add to the summer discussion ............

Can't see that happening. He's doing very well at Fleetwood, and by all accounts, he didn't like it down here.

Back