• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What a waste, was it his agent that convinced him that a move away from us was the best for the lad? Did he leave thinking that he was going to a club that paid and treated him for what he was worth??

I'm sorry but this has got to show that players really don't know what they've got until it's gone.

I don't think Thompson will be having many regrets, if I wasn't a Southend fan I'd be much happier being wanted by Bradford than us!

I'm not surprised the Bury fans are annoyed, Thompson has got the chance to impress at one of the biggest clubs in League 1 and Bradford have got a good quality defender without presumably having to pay all his wages.

What a waste, was it his agent that convinced him that a move away from us was the best for the lad? Did he leave thinking that he was going to a club that paid and treated him for what he was worth??

I'm sorry but this has got to show that players really don't know what they've got until it's gone.

You serious? He has got a right result.

Why do people rate Thompson on this site.He was a very average squad player,who had one reasonable season.No great shakes !!

Because he was getting better and better, and it was him that made Ferdy legs gone, look good. He is a very good player, much missed for me.

The Bury fans board is in a severe state of shock. The latest update from there is that they received 50k loan fee and Bradford are paying his wages

I wasn't pleased that he liked Charlton's twitter feed when he saw they beat us. Pathetic thing to do and I don't really understand why he would do that.

I wasn't pleased that he liked Charlton's twitter feed when he saw they beat us. Pathetic thing to do and I don't really understand why he would do that.
at the end of the day he will get his payback, he will soon fall flat on his face, a drop down the divisions will soon be coming, he needs to play alongside a strong tough centre half or he gets found out:stunned:

I did hear that we were made aware of his availability by Bury but didn't follow it up - which I totally understand though I always rated him very highly.

That may be why he's p***ed with us? His problem though as was his choice to leave.

Hold on, aren't his comments entirely correct?

“Southend used to get in the top six one game and then drop out the next."

That's entirely what happened.

“From what I’ve seen in the last few seasons playing against Bradford, they’ve always had that steel. Southend never really had that."

Again, the lack of 'steel' and consistency, particularly in the final 6-8 weeks of a long, hard season that stretched a relatively small central group of players to breaking point, was a significant reason as to why we couldn't get over the line. Thompson's honed in on probably the key differentiating factor between us and teams like Bradford last year.

Hold on, aren't his comments entirely correct?

“Southend used to get in the top six one game and then drop out the next."

That's entirely what happened.

“From what I’ve seen in the last few seasons playing against Bradford, they’ve always had that steel. Southend never really had that."

Again, the lack of 'steel' and consistency, particularly in the final 6-8 weeks of a long, hard season that stretched a relatively small central group of players to breaking point, was a significant reason as to why we couldn't get over the line. Thompson's honed in on probably the key differentiating factor between us and teams like Bradford last year.

Totally agree with this. Didn't read that as a pop at us at all.

Back