• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bury can sign as many players as they want, it doesn't mean they'll have a squad that'll reach playoffs or promotion. We had/have a squad that was one point off being in the hat for a chance to be in the Championship... It takes time to build that.

With the backing comes expectations, it wouldn't surprise me if they have a new manager before the end of the season.

Bury can sign as many players as they want, it doesn't mean they'll have a squad that'll reach playoffs or promotion. We had/have a squad that was one point off being in the hat for a chance to be in the Championship... It takes time to build that.

With the backing comes expectations, it wouldn't surprise me if they have a new manager before the end of the season.

I think you are probably right.

Shame. He is not irreplaceable though. As long as Brown does not sign Innis on a permanent deal as i will cry. I must have no footballing brain as whenever i have seen him he has been awful and a liability but a lot on here rave about him. Big job for Brown now we may have to even get three centre backs if Ferdinand leaves too!

That was my fear too. Brown loves going after old targets, but replacing Thomp$on with Inniss will be such a downgrade.

Bury, another club offering the lure of a new stadium to potential signings, now where have we heard that before?

Probably Thommo has taken a career risk he needn't have taken for a bit more money. His choice, his career. Its his form playing alongside Anton that has goy him into the NI squad.

Lets hope it works out for him but I fear he will be playing in the bottom half in a side leaking goals, and that will move him nearer to a move back to L2 than the Championship. Surely this thread ought to be in the ex Shrimpers area by now?

Probably Thommo has taken a career risk he needn't have taken for a bit more money. His choice, his career. Its his form playing alongside Anton that has goy him into the NI squad.

Lets hope it works out for him but I fear he will be playing in the bottom half in a side leaking goals, and that will move him nearer to a move back to L2 than the Championship. Surely this thread ought to be in the ex Shrimpers area by now?
The thread was kept open on ChitChat because there was a lot of comment on the move and Thompson's reasons for going. Now he has gone the thread has moved towards Thompson at Bury, so yes, time to go to Ex Shrimpers.

I think Wigan will thrash most sides this season. Will Grigg cant get in the side yet. Bury signed Alex Bruce yesterday so Thompson might have a lot of competition for his place.

Apparently Rovers absolutely bashed Bury on Sat and even Lee Clark said it could of been a cricket score so he might find himself back in the team much sooner rather than later.

Apparently Rovers absolutely bashed Bury on Sat and even Lee Clark said it could of been a cricket score so he might find himself back in the team much sooner rather than later.

I really don't know what he expected. Bury have focused on outscoring their opposition for the last few seasons now - always thought he would struggle there compared to here. Poor choice as his international chances will likely suffer now.

I can remember watching his dad Steve when he had just signed for Birmingham City , and thinking he was not worth the thirty thousand pounds a week Birmingham were paying him .

And I can remember seeing him playing for Gillingham a couple of times and thinking he was well above third division level.

And I can remember seeing him playing for Gillingham a couple of times and thinking he was well above third division level.

Steve Bruce must be one of the best English players of the last 30 years not to be capped by his country. Many players worse than him have been capped that's for sure.

Back