• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

5 Days to go - Made up your mind yet?

5 Days to go - Who are you going to vote for.

• Conservatives

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Labour

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Liberal Demorcrats

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • UKIP

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • SNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Green Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not going to vote

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Mind your own business you nosey sod

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay I'll bite.

Before the campaigning started, I would have voted Tories. I'm not the most educated politics wise but for me they were the ones who made the most sense out of the rest. After this horror show of a campaign from them, there is no way in a million years I would vote for them. Absolute shambles IMO.

I think deep down JC has his heart in the right place, I just don't think he quite gets it. On paper, their manifesto is the best out of the lot. His stance on nuclear weapons, whilst admirable, is absolutely mental when you consider how much money Trident will/does cost us and yet he's basically said he's not willing to use it. Baffling.

I'll let the public decide who we have in power thanks. And you're right, I will moan if it goes against me, but at least that way I'll know who not to vote for next time.

Let's hope a nuclear war never breaks out eh? Even if he doesn't push the button, the fall out from the US & Russia will be enough to destroy all life on this planet many times over.

Let's hope a nuclear war never breaks out eh? Even if he doesn't push the button, the fall out from the US & Russia will be enough to destroy all life on this planet many times over.

The thing is, I agree with his stance. It's 2017, the fact we still need nuclear weapons is sad but unfortunately that's the way the world is. I find myself saying the same thing with a lot of his policies as well, "it's a nice idea but get real".

Four people not going to vote, you should hang you head in shame

People have died so you can, not only in two world wars, but more recent events

Sorry lowest of the low in not voting, and I guarantee you are the first to moan when things go wrong with the country:angry::angry:

This argument always gets made and you are confusing people not voting because they cant be bothered with people who have no one to vote for.

They died to give us the right to vote, and that gives us the right not to as well if there is not an option we agree with.

Im not voting for someone I dont want in power just because I'm "meant to".

If I felt either option was right for the country, or if one was wrong for the country, and if my vote would count I would vote. However I dont think either Corbyn or May is any better or worse than the other.

Thats even before you take into account that due to the current system voting in Southend West is pointless anyway.

I cast my vote in Brexit because it counted towards something, if I strongly supported any party I would still vote this week, despite the futility of it, but Im not going to vote for a party I dont want in power just for the sake of it.

The thing is, I agree with his stance. It's 2017, the fact we still need nuclear weapons is sad but unfortunately that's the way the world is. I find myself saying the same thing with a lot of his policies as well, "it's a nice idea but get real".

Corbyn states that's its all been costed. May says we may not have a "magic money tree" but she's forgetting that they (and yes, it was New Labour) found many billions to bail out the banks, or companies like Amazon are paying as little tax as legally possible. Close some of those loopholes and some of those nice ideas will become real and the UK might just become a better place where food banks are a thing of the past like workhouses.

Sorry lowest of the low in not voting, and I guarantee you are the first to moan when things go wrong with the country:angry::angry:

Very harsh IMO

I will be voting but I can understand people in my constituency that won't, ridiculously safe tory seat and has been my whole lifetime, very easy to say why bother in that situation.

Corbyn states that's its all been costed. May says we may not have a "magic money tree" but she's forgetting that they (and yes, it was New Labour) found many billions to bail out the banks, or companies like Amazon are paying as little tax as legally possible. Close some of those loopholes and some of those nice ideas will become real and the UK might just become a better place where food banks are a thing of the past like workhouses.

It has been costed however only to a point.

The sale of the water and energy companies still remains a mystery...and the IFS didn't give it a glowing assessment in terms of Corporation tax raised.

This argument always gets made and you are confusing people not voting because they cant be bothered with people who have no one to vote for.

They died to give us the right to vote, and that gives us the right not to as well if there is not an option we agree with.

Im not voting for someone I dont want in power just because I'm "meant to".

If I felt either option was right for the country, or if one was wrong for the country, and if my vote would count I would vote. However I dont think either Corbyn or May is any better or worse than the other.

Thats even before you take into account that due to the current system voting in Southend West is pointless anyway.

I cast my vote in Brexit because it counted towards something, if I strongly supported any party I would still vote this week, despite the futility of it, but Im not going to vote for a party I dont want in power just for the sake of it.

I will follow your arguments with interest, when things go against your opinion, shame you don't live in North Korea, where many would love to have a choice,who to elect, but are lead by sheep who have no one to campaign against

UTS

Very harsh IMO

I will be voting but I can understand people in my constituency that won't, ridiculously safe tory seat and has been my whole lifetime, very easy to say why bother in that situation.

Why because its a safe seat, jeez sorry that's a poor argument.
Sorry I willnot go on, but those that do not vote cannot complain, comment or even discuss when things go wrong within this great country, end of the day it's choice, so I will not engage in anymore replies on non voters

And yes it still is a great country despite the recent events

UTS

The difficulty is, pointing out that both sides have idiots doesn't strengthen an argument for Labour....the thought of Abbott as Home secretary fills me with dread, pointing out that May / Rudd etc are / have been incompetent won't draw me towards voting for them however neither does it draw me towards Labour.

As far as I can tell none of Corbyns Front bench have ever been in office?

That was also true of Cameron's front bench team with the honourable exception of Ken Clark.

That was also true of Cameron's front bench team with the honourable exception of Ken Clark.

I don't remember many of Camerons front bench resigning whilst in opposition,,,however happy for you to supply the numbers on how many of his shadow team resigned compared with Corbyns:winking:

I don't remember many of Camerons front bench resigning whilst in opposition,,,however happy for you to supply the numbers on how many of his shadow team resigned compared with Corbyns:winking:
not when in opposition but a number of Tories accused Cameron of lying during the referendum, Warsi and IDS quit over policy and Lord Ashcroft wrote a whole book slating Cameron including the revelation that he once ****ed a pig.

not when in opposition but a number of Tories accused Cameron of lying during the referendum, Warsi and IDS quit over policy and Lord Ashcroft wrote a whole book slating Cameron including the revelation that he once ****ed a pig.

So 3 Tories and none in opposition....I'm sure however you will now want to compare that with how many have resigned from Corbyns cabinet, before even forming a government?

I did enjoy the PM pig bit....might be a tory out there who will raise you with an Abbott:smile:

If he can deliver on what he's saying, I really hope he does win. I just struggle to see it myself, but as I say I'm not exactly politically educated, hence why I'll go with the majority.

Food banks in 2017 is a sad state of affairs as well

So 3 Tories and none in opposition....I'm sure however you will now want to compare that with how many have resigned from Corbyns cabinet, before even forming a government?

I did enjoy the PM pig bit....might be a tory out there who will raise you with an Abbott:smile:
The 3 was just off the top of my head and they are all big names in the party. Cameron’s director of strategy Steve Hilton has today called for May to resign over her policing policies – that is pretty major in the here and now.

Not going to pretend there weren’t mass resignations from the Labour front bench but the party was going through a big change and some of those left for a supposed difference in ideology, some because they felt he could not win over the public and many more because you get to a point where you follow the majority – or in theory you get left behind.
But – Corbyn has proven that he doesn’t run away, that he was right over article 50 (look at the polling of the LibDems), that the mass influx of new members can mobilise and convince the public, and that by being up front about what he thinks and facing the public and journalists and not hiding away people learn to respect him. This is a very different set up to when Labour MPs thought they were saving the party, when in fact they were derailing its momentum. And with less than 4 days to go Labour are in the play offs and the quitters wouldn’t do that now and Corbyn has said its all water under the bridge. He understood why they were doing that, and he kept doing what he was doing until they realised they were wrong.

It takes a very entrenched political mind to not be able to express respect for the way he stood up and turned it round.

And in her 20’s Abbott was quite buff tings.

If he can deliver on what he's saying, I really hope he does win. I just struggle to see it myself, but as I say I'm not exactly politically educated, hence why I'll go with the majority.

Food banks in 2017 is a sad state of affairs as well

Then vote against the party that have made it a necessity!

People have the right not to vote. If you don't feel that any party particularly represents your views, or if you're not well-informed about politics, then you shouldn't feel forced to vote. I predict the turnout will be quite low on Thursday (although maybe not as low now the polls are closer), people have election fatigue.

Just watched a toe curling interview with Dianne Abbott on Sky News.

She has obviously escaped from the cupboard Corbyn locked her in, and she embarrassed herself again. If Labour do manage to win the election they must not let that woman anywhere near home secretary.

The 3 was just off the top of my head and they are all big names in the party. Cameron’s director of strategy Steve Hilton has today called for May to resign over her policing policies – that is pretty major in the here and now.

Not going to pretend there weren’t mass resignations from the Labour front bench but the party was going through a big change and some of those left for a supposed difference in ideology, some because they felt he could not win over the public and many more because you get to a point where you follow the majority – or in theory you get left behind.
But – Corbyn has proven that he doesn’t run away, that he was right over article 50 (look at the polling of the LibDems), that the mass influx of new members can mobilise and convince the public, and that by being up front about what he thinks and facing the public and journalists and not hiding away people learn to respect him. This is a very different set up to when Labour MPs thought they were saving the party, when in fact they were derailing its momentum. And with less than 4 days to go Labour are in the play offs and the quitters wouldn’t do that now and Corbyn has said its all water under the bridge. He understood why they were doing that, and he kept doing what he was doing until they realised they were wrong.

It takes a very entrenched political mind to not be able to express respect for the way he stood up and turned it round.

And in her 20’s Abbott was quite buff tings.

I have no problem in admitting that Corbyn has run a good campaign, however I'm not convinced he will have enough support to form anything other than a coalition government, unless he is capable of restoring Scotlands Labour vote....is there any evidence to suggest that this will happen?

If not he will need to make compromises, and that will distort the current Labour manifesto and it's proposed policies.

In terms of the significant amount of Labour MP's that resigned or were sacked over the direction he has taken the party in...if he was / is right....then that would only expose a lack of judgement in all those Labour MP's who weren't prepared to back him....are you suggesting they have now had an enlightenment?

This to me is some of the difficulties Labour face going forward, in addition to Trident and those areas in the manifesto where fully costed does not bear scrutiny.

People have the right not to vote. If you don't feel that any party particularly represents your views, or if you're not well-informed about politics, then you shouldn't feel forced to vote. I predict the turnout will be quite low on Thursday (although maybe not as low now the polls are closer), people have election fatigue.

I agree, people have the right not to vote but a caveat needs to be added.
If you do not vote, you have no grounds for complaining about your lot.

Back