• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
Anyone got a recommendation for one?

I'm about to invest in something with a 10 " screen for about 150 euros or so.

I'll need it for reading The Guardian (naturally) and also for watching Blues games on the new ifollow service +emails etc.Not much else, as I plan to use it mostly on holiday and occasional weekend breaks rather than taking our laptop.

Any practical,sensible suggestions liked.:thumbsup:

There you go... here's my tuppence worth...........

I used to use a Kindle Fire for my holidays, but now I much prefer my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1.

The 10" screen is a really good HD quality (supposedly twice as many pixels than most other tablets), it also has an anti glare feature meaning the brightness changes automatically if your sitting in the sun or in the dark. Useful if your trying to read on a sun bed somewhere.

I don't know what the cost is outside "rip off Britain", but in the UK you can pick up a 2GB version for about £185 or a 16GB one for £200 (Personally, I would pay the extra £15 for the 16GB version, in case you decided to use it to take photos or download books to read on holiday etc). Also, if you did get on with it well, it has a Micro SD Slot so you could boost the memory up to 200Gb (about 160 films) and the battery life is pretty good also, about 12 hours of continuous use on a full charge.

A bit over your budget I know, but well worth the extra bit of investment in my opinion.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. I have the 8" version. I don't feel the need for anything bigger. Moreover, mine is a refurbished job that cost me about £100.

If all you're using it for is reading a paper and watching highlights then I don't see the need a) to spend any more, and b) for anything bigger.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. I have the 8" version. I don't feel the need for anything bigger. Moreover, mine is a refurbished job that cost me about £100.

If all you're using it for is reading a paper and watching highlights then I don't see the need a) to spend any more, and b) for anything bigger.

My daughter has the same Tablet and does all she needs it to

I'll check this one out.Thanks.But remember ifollow are doing live transmission of all SUFC games next season -not just the 10 minutes highlights.

I'll check this one out.Thanks.But remember ifollow are doing live transmission of all SUFC games next season -not just the 10 minutes highlights.

Good point. I still think an 8" screen will be good enough, but to an extent that will depend on your eyesight!

Kids have ipad minis and they are great for what they use, youtube videos and the odd games.

I personally prefer the iPad 2 as its a nicer size to watch TV/movies portably.

If you want it for football Id go with a bigger tablet for sure. Ive used the iPad for NowTV* and wouldnt want smaller. (*Because NowTV is so **** and refuses to work on my PC)

My daughter has a Kindle Fire. It's alright if you want to play Cbeebies games.

Aren't they really heavy?

No, not really. She can handle it ok, and it's got a bump/drop proof rubber case as well.

It's supposed to be locked so she can only access kids stuff but she saw me enter the passcode so she can watch her music video as well. :hilarious:

Back