• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Application Now Registered - 17/00733/FULM

So the 16 week to being on site plan...does that time start now???

From approval surely.

I'm surprised there's not been more discussion of this. Can anyone with a bit more knowledge / experience than me guesstimate the key dates going forward please? I'm guessing the consultation closes on a pretty fixed date and from that it would be possible to estimate the dates for planning consideration and a decision?

I'm surprised there's not been more discussion of this. Can anyone with a bit more knowledge / experience than me guesstimate the key dates going forward please? I'm guessing the consultation closes on a pretty fixed date and from that it would be possible to estimate the dates for planning consideration and a decision?
As per my earlier post think I read mid September was the date given for the Planning Decision. Cant remember where I saw that mind you. Will have a search around later.

I notice there are currently 20 objections on the application site as opposed to 6 people who have supported it. 6. That is pathetic. It's 5 minutes out of your day, if you want this to happen and not lose it through apathy, please express your support to the council.

I notice there are currently 20 objections on the application site as opposed to 6 people who have supported it. 6. That is pathetic. It's 5 minutes out of your day, if you want this to happen and not lose it through apathy, please express your support to the council.

The difficulty is finding how to support it without it being blind support because its our team
We readily dismiss nimbys as acting in their own self interest.

Sure it will benefit the town, can I think of a reasoned , substantiated argument to support it, I am not so sure.

I may go the jobs and housing route....

The difficulty is finding how to support it without it being blind support because its our team
We readily dismiss nimbys as acting in their own self interest.

Sure it will benefit the town, can I think of a reasoned , substantiated argument to support it, I am not so sure.

I may go the jobs and housing route....

The scheme is well designed. It will provide jobs. It will provide much-needed community facilities through the domes. The impact on the town centre will not be as severe as made out (town centres are a failing concept anyway and need to diversify, plus the type of goods available on the retail park will be bulk goods not usually found in the High Street). It will stop people making the trip to Bas Vegas because they find driving into Southend centre/parking a nightmare.

Few there for you.

When we will hear if this is successful.

If I remember rightly we are due to hear something in September.

the officers will be beavering away with this application. Their role is to present a report to the develpment control committee about how the application meets the legl and regulatory requirements. This is not an easy task with a development of this size. It is unlikely that the public consultation will throw up things they are not aware of. They will make a recommedation to the committee and give reasons why the application should be approved or refused. When the report is ready and a date set the report will be public. You can track the committee agendas by going on to the council website click on the letter C, click on committees, then development control committee and then you'll see the dates of the meetings and the agenda. There is a committee on the 4th Oct and 8th November.

the officers will be beavering away with this application. Their role is to present a report to the develpment control committee about how the application meets the legl and regulatory requirements. This is not an easy task with a development of this size. It is unlikely that the public consultation will throw up things they are not aware of. They will make a recommedation to the committee and give reasons why the application should be approved or refused. When the report is ready and a date set the report will be public. You can track the committee agendas by going on to the council website click on the letter C, click on committees, then development control committee and then you'll see the dates of the meetings and the agenda. There is a committee on the 4th Oct and 8th November.

In keeping with the spirit of the circus that is the building of our new ground, does it mention which year? :winking:

I'm guessing that since we've heard nothing this really isn't going to be resolved this month and that therefore it must surely be going before the committee at the November meeting?

Indeed, it wasn't heard at the October meeting so one presumes it will be next month.

Has there been any talk of safe-standing? Shrewsbury fans are pushing for it, if those in charge have any brains, as a club we should be too for the new ground. Has anyone got any experience of how to raise this as a body of fans and get our voice heard?

Just seen this as i was writing the post - http://www.aas-fanzine.co.uk/?p=565

Most drawn out ground move in history

It just isn't going to happen. How long has this saga been going on now? I remember getting a "Support Your Club" shirt while queuing for a ticket for the Southampton cup game! (January 1995).

Emailed Rochford's Planning Dept earlier this week asking if they might provide an idea on time-scale / prospective date for a decision but have had no response whatsoever. Their website had a target date of 26th Sept , showing as 'pending consideration'....

It just isn't going to happen. How long has this saga been going on now? I remember getting a "Support Your Club" shirt while queuing for a ticket for the Southampton cup game! (January 1995).

Optimism ran out a long time ago and dont get excited by it at all anymore, however the fact that the process is still going through the system would suggest there is still a chance it will.

Reply now received from Rochford Planning states the application lodged with them, [FONT=&quot]Reference: 17/00436/FUL, [/FONT]has an extension of time for it to be determined until the end of the year. Presume this to tie in with the timing of a decision made by Southend Council on the main project application?

Reply now received from Rochford Planning states the application lodged with them, [FONT="]Reference: 17/00436/FUL, [/FONT]has an extension of time for it to be determined until the end of the year. Presume this to tie in with the timing of a decision made by Southend Council on the main project application?

I presume they will want to determine both at roughly the same time. IIRC last time the Rochford Council meeting was held the day after the Southend Council meeting.

Back