Likes Likes:  48
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Planning Application Now Registered - 17/00733/FULM

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    The difficulty is finding how to support it without it being blind support because its our team
    We readily dismiss nimbys as acting in their own self interest.

Sure it will benefit the town, can I think of a reasoned , substantiated argument to support it, I am not so sure.

I may go the jobs and housing route....
    The scheme is well designed. It will provide jobs. It will provide much-needed community facilities through the domes. The impact on the town centre will not be as severe as made out (town centres are a failing concept anyway and need to diversify, plus the type of goods available on the retail park will be bulk goods not usually found in the High Street). It will stop people making the trip to Bas Vegas because they find driving into Southend centre/parking a nightmare.

Few there for you.

Buy All At Sea online

@allatseafanzine

All At Sea, as seen in the Sun, the Southend Echo, the Guardian and FourFourTwo magazine.
    Contribute: allatseafanzine@hotmail.com

When we will hear if this is successful.

If I remember rightly we are due to hear something in September.

the officers will be beavering away with this application. Their role is to present a report to the develpment control committee about how the application meets the legl and regulatory requirements. This is not an easy task with a development of this size. It is unlikely that the public consultation will throw up things they are not aware of. They will make a recommedation to the committee and give reasons why the application should be approved or refused. When the report is ready and a date set the report will be public. You can track the committee agendas by going on to the council website click on the letter C, click on committees, then development control committee and then you'll see the dates of the meetings and the agenda. There is a committee on the 4th Oct and 8th November.

Quote Originally Posted by C'mon you Shrimpers View Post
    the officers will be beavering away with this application. Their role is to present a report to the develpment control committee about how the application meets the legl and regulatory requirements. This is not an easy task with a development of this size. It is unlikely that the public consultation will throw up things they are not aware of. They will make a recommedation to the committee and give reasons why the application should be approved or refused. When the report is ready and a date set the report will be public. You can track the committee agendas by going on to the council website click on the letter C, click on committees, then development control committee and then you'll see the dates of the meetings and the agenda. There is a committee on the 4th Oct and 8th November.
    In keeping with the spirit of the circus that is the building of our new ground, does it mention which year?
    Shrimperzone II - Captain
    Shrimperzone II - Players player of the year 2008/09
    Shrimperzone II - Player of the year 2009/10

I'm guessing that since we've heard nothing this really isn't going to be resolved this month and that therefore it must surely be going before the committee at the November meeting?
    Kennington Shrimpers

Indeed, it wasn't heard at the October meeting so one presumes it will be next month.

Buy All At Sea online

@allatseafanzine

All At Sea, as seen in the Sun, the Southend Echo, the Guardian and FourFourTwo magazine.

Has there been any talk of safe-standing? Shrewsbury fans are pushing for it, if those in charge have any brains, as a club we should be too for the new ground. Has anyone got any experience of how to raise this as a body of fans and get our voice heard?

Just seen this as i was writing the post - http://www.aas-fanzine.co.uk/?p=565

Quote Originally Posted by Jai View Post
    Indeed, it wasn't heard at the October meeting so one presumes it will be next month.
    Looks like December according to the latest club statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Up the Shrimpers View Post
    Looks like December according to the latest club statement.
    Most drawn out ground move in history

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2holes View Post
    Most drawn out ground move in history
    It just isn't going to happen. How long has this saga been going on now? I remember getting a "Support Your Club" shirt while queuing for a ticket for the Southampton cup game! (January 1995).
    That Curly Bob is a jolly good chap!

Emailed Rochford's Planning Dept earlier this week asking if they might provide an idea on time-scale / prospective date for a decision but have had no response whatsoever. Their website had a target date of 26th Sept , showing as 'pending consideration'....

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    It just isn't going to happen. How long has this saga been going on now? I remember getting a "Support Your Club" shirt while queuing for a ticket for the Southampton cup game! (January 1995).
    Optimism ran out a long time ago and dont get excited by it at all anymore, however the fact that the process is still going through the system would suggest there is still a chance it will.

Reply now received from Rochford Planning states the application lodged with them, Reference: 17/00436/FUL, has an extension of time for it to be determined until the end of the year. Presume this to tie in with the timing of a decision made by Southend Council on the main project application?

Quote Originally Posted by kaymac View Post
    Reply now received from Rochford Planning states the application lodged with them, Reference: 17/00436/FUL, has an extension of time for it to be determined until the end of the year. Presume this to tie in with the timing of a decision made by Southend Council on the main project application?
    I presume they will want to determine both at roughly the same time. IIRC last time the Rochford Council meeting was held the day after the Southend Council meeting.

Buy All At Sea online

@allatseafanzine

Director

Question is, Has a new planning application been submitted by RM.