• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Application Now Registered - 17/00733/FULM

Looks like there will be some parking for directors etc under the main stand.

Plans look ok as a 4 sided ground but I don't like the look of it with 3 sides.

Anyway that's the difficult bit out of the way, now just the simple task of getting the plans approved and of course building work will no doubt start the day after approval!

There is a big carpark north by the training pitches which are phase by look of it.

As for 3 sides, Ive been told that phase 1 and phase 2 will overlap so the time frame wouldnt be long. Why they need to be two phased in that case who knows.

Have to start phase one first though before that even worth thinking about.

To me, the stadium is quite an uninspiring design. I'm hoping it's just how they've rendered their images but I'm not excited about the prospect of calling this home...

edit: Just finished downloading the booklet, some of the renders in there are a lot better than what I'd seen in the application... Feeling a little bit better.

I'm not sure how much I can get worked up over the 2 phase thing, it looks like the 3 sided stadium can be built a lot quicker than the much more complex (to me anyway) groundscraper north stand.

I'm actually relieved that the hotel and residential is part of phase 2 rather than phase 1, if the phases were the other way around I could quite easily end up with one cracking stand and not a lot else

Is there any mention of the s106 contribution or does that come later?

Is there any mention of the s106 contribution or does that come later?

That's normally something they discuss at the planning committee stage. It's for the council to ask for, so wouldn't necessarily be included in the application.

Interesting retail and leisure assessment. Basically, the town can accommodate another cinema. the town centre is stable and won't be affected and the restaurants are a good thing

So the 16 week to being on site plan...does that time start now???

From approval surely.

To me, the stadium is quite an uninspiring design. I'm hoping it's just how they've rendered their images but I'm not excited about the prospect of calling this home...

edit: Just finished downloading the booklet, some of the renders in there are a lot better than what I'd seen in the application... Feeling a little bit better.

it could be corrugated iron all round the outside as long as inside its good for football. We have waited so long for a stadium Im not sure why the outside appearance matters much, other than an eye sore would be a hurdle to getting it agreed.

That said it looks fine to me anyway, its no Wembley stadium but will do.

Copy pasta from facebook:

I'm hoping that this post will make it easy for you to help support Blues progress with their new stadium. I've collated a few links for you to go through to make it as easy as possible for you to give your feedback to the council in support of the project. I'm not Ron's stooge, I just want to see the club make some progress in this area. There's a 16 week public consultation period that we must use to clap our hands, stamp our feet and make sure we show as much support to the club to get the council to authorise the plans. With all this in mind please feel free to use the following:

All At Sea Fanzine's review of the newly submitted plans: http://www.aas-fanzine.co.uk/?p=565

A list of application documents from the Southend Borough Council website: http://publicedrms.southend.gov.uk/...arch&viewdocs=true&SDescription=17/00733/FULM

A page to register in order to make your comments online:
https://publicaccess.southend.gov.u...00&activeTab=makeComment&caseType=Application

A list of public comments made on the proposals:
https://publicaccess.southend.gov.u...do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=OP5V4LPALRI00

If you want to support this project, my advice would be to register (link 3) then use link 4 to leave your feedback.

If you don't want to do this online then you can write to the council at the following address and cite planning reference number '17/00733/FUL' :

Southend-on-Sea Borough Council, Civic Centre
Victoria Avenue
Southend on Sea
Essex
SS2 6ER

You can also email council@southend.gov.uk or call the planning department on 01702 215004.

I totally understand a waning faith in RM's ability to deliver this new stadium but we're now returning to a point where we, the fans, can do our part and help the club make progress. We did it before 10 years ago, we can do it again now.

UTB

I'm hoping that this post will make it easy for you to help support Blues progress with their new stadium. I've collated a few links for you to go through to make it as easy as possible for you to give your feedback to the council in support of the project. I'm not Ron's stooge, I just want to see the club make some progress in this area. There's a 16 week public consultation period that we must use to clap our hands, stamp our feet and make sure we show as much support to the club to get the council to authorise the plans. With all this in mind please feel free to use the following:

All At Sea Fanzine's review of the newly submitted plans: http://www.aas-fanzine.co.uk/?p=565

A list of application documents from the Southend Borough Council website: http://publicedrms.southend.gov.uk/...arch&viewdocs=true&SDescription=17/00733/FULM

https://publicaccess.southend.gov.u...00&activeTab=makeComment&caseType=Application

https://publicaccess.southend.gov.u...do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=OP5V4LPALRI00

If you want to support this project, my advice would be to register (link 3) then use link 4 to leave your feedback.

If you don't want to do this online then you can write to the council at the following address and cite planning reference number '17/00733/FUL' :

Victoria Avenue
Southend on Sea
Essex
SS2 6ER

You can also email council@southend.gov.uk or call the planning department on 01702 215004.

I totally understand a waning faith in RM's ability to deliver this new stadium but we're now returning to a point where we, the fans, can do our part and help the club make progress. We did it before 10 years ago, we can do it again now.

UTB

Yes, you need to suspend our disbelief and get behind the plans if you support them. You can be sure the objectors will have their say, and they will be many.

Also make sure any letters of support are based on planning grounds, rather than the fact that it would be great if SUFC had a new ground.

If you live in Southend and particularly if you live near the application site, your views will hold more sway.

It's an impressive plan and you can see why a plan of such magnitude has taken so long. Let us just keep our fingers crossed for a positive result to really give us hope and kick start our season. It would be amazing to be playing championship football going into a new stadium.

All At Sea Fanzine's review of the newly submitted plans: http://www.n-fanzine.co.uk/? To p=565

Victoria Avenue
Southend on Sea
Essex
SS2 6ER

UTB
This needs to go in the main forum

Yes, you need to suspend our disbelief and get behind the plans if you support them. You can be sure the objectors will have their say, and they will be many.

Also make sure any letters of support are based on planning grounds, rather than the fact that it would be great if SUFC had a new ground.

If you live in Southend and particularly if you live near the application site, your views will hold more sway.

Has anyone tried to put their comments on the site? It says that only 100 characters are allowed, hardly enough for one sentence!

Nothing definite about it. They refer to a trial area which would need to be retro-fitted with safe-standing in the event that it becomes legal. The red areas highlighted would be the areas that would then need to be 'killed' or not sold because of restricted views caused by people standing in the trial area.

It won't happen.

They are definitely providing the possibility of including it in the West Stand.

Section 5.18

View attachment 4754

I hear there may be an announcement later today about 'safe standing'. Will be interesting to see what that's all about.

Shrewsbury to become first English club to install rail seats should a crowdfunding campaign be successful.

Still a long way to go, but this could have a domino effect.

Shrewsbury to become first English club to install rail seats should a crowdfunding campaign be successful.

Will be interesting to see if it sparks a wave of clubs following suit or if a lot hold off for a year or two to see how it works out for them before committing.

Will be interesting to see if it sparks a wave of clubs following suit or if a lot hold off for a year or two to see how it works out for them before committing.

I wonder how much the Hillsborough support group will have an influence on the decision in the U.K. I'm pretty sure they're very anti safe standing.

Ah it was Shrewsbury I wondered who it was going to be. You can see why the possibility was included in our new ground plans. Anyone know when the council will make a decision I heard mid September?

Back