• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Application Now Registered - 17/00733/FULM

Some good progress is evident on the Southend Council planning portal. An initial holding objection by Sport England relating to affects on Cecil Jones Memorial Ground pitch layout and parking plus other amendments to the flood risk assessment and community impact report have been well received. The holding objection was withdrawn by Sport England this week and a full response by them to the planning application is due to be with Southend Council by 17th November. Hopefully we might be seeing the application being considered by the council in December.

CP Tweet: "New pictures of Blues stadium plans in tomorrow's Echo".

What are the odds we are now down to a 2 sided stadium! :smile:

Looking at it from a glass half full point of view, is the Development Control Committee meeting at 2 pm on Wednesday December 13th likely to be decision day, and, if so, do we know if the Planning Officers formal response to the consultation has recommended the committee approve or reject the application?

I'm not holding my breath but just wondered if anyone could shed any light on it.

First time that Ann holland and John Lamb have come out with positive stuff straight away. I think they've come to realise the high street is dieing a slow death and I'm sure in 10-15 years that will all be housing down there, with a few shops and restaurants in this mix!

Sorry to be lazy and I haven't looked, but are the plans still to be build the 4th stand later on as the pictures make it look lovely but I'm sure the reality will be totally different lol.

Kev

Interesting to note that the article stated that the stadium would include a Hilton Hotel. Ron must have an agreement in place with them.

Stadium still to be built in 2 phases, but I don't think we'll be 3 sided for long from what I can remember from the AGM.

I’d love to think this would really happen...
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/15666204.Exclusive_images_for_the_new_Southend_FC_stadium/#gallery11

Looks fantastic though !

Definition 1 or 2 (as John Adams used to say, often, you pays your money etc ..)

fantastic

adjective
informal
extraordinarily good or attractive.
"they did a fantastic job"
synonyms: tremendous, remarkable, great, terrific, enormous, huge, striking, impressive, outstanding, phenomenal, monumental, overwhelming More

imaginative or fanciful; remote from reality.
"fantastic hybrid creatures"
synonyms: fanciful, extravagant, extraordinary, irrational, wild, mad, absurd, far-fetched, nonsensical, incredible, unbelievable, unthinkable, implausible, improbable, unlikely, doubtful, dubious; More

Definition 1 or 2 (as John Adams used to say, often, you pays your money etc ..)

fantastic

adjective
informal
extraordinarily good or attractive.
"they did a fantastic job"
synonyms: tremendous, remarkable, great, terrific, enormous, huge, striking, impressive, outstanding, phenomenal, monumental, overwhelming More

imaginative or fanciful; remote from reality.
"fantastic hybrid creatures"
synonyms: fanciful, extravagant, extraordinary, irrational, wild, mad, absurd, far-fetched, nonsensical, incredible, unbelievable, unthinkable, implausible, improbable, unlikely, doubtful, dubious; More

Heart says ‘1’

Head says ‘2’

Have posted these in another thread but thought I would post up again here.

G7NNHg.jpg

CXTxKC.jpg

mcJN1X.jpg

Y7IXrl.jpg

Jp1WZa.jpg

Y5is0w.jpg

Back